TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
n93cg Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikki

Question Staying organized is hard when you're sharing a room with a 10 yr old. Help? - January 7th 2009, 10:54 AM

I am 15 years old, and I share a room with my little sister, who is 10. She is such a pest sometimes! I try to keep the room clean, but somehow she manages to mess it up within a few days. Lately I've been working really hard on staying organized, but that's really hard to do when you're sharing a room with a little 10 year old.
We have a very small room, and there's not much room for anything else but the two beds and a small tv. The closet is a walk-in, but it's full of old toys and stuff which my mom wont let me get rid of. Half of the closet is taken over by toys, and the other half is full of our clothes. There's a dresser in there too.

How do I stay organized when I live in such a small room with my ten year old little sister?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ivanna_B_Me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mary

Re: Staying organized is hard when you're sharing a room with a 10 yr old. Help? - January 7th 2009, 11:11 AM

Ummmm there is no way your mom would get rid of the stuff??? Does she know how much stuff you sister actuall has... Iwould just say get a giant plastic box/bin thing to put her stuuff in and just tell her to put the stuuf in the box and shee'll get a big candy at the end of the week or something... you know a reward system for keeping her half or two-thirds clean....

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banana_choc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: KT

Re: Staying organized is hard when you're sharing a room with a 10 yr old. Help? - January 8th 2009, 12:41 PM

A reward system seems like a very good idea.

Also is there room for storage under your beds not in use? If so you could measure and buy plastic bins to put boxes in and such, If you need more space under the beds you should look for these things (that I don't know the name of) but they allow you to raise your bed up like another 6 inches so you could be able to put more under them.

Maybe have a talk with your mom and sister that you understand you have to share a room but that you would really like to have it organized so that you can find stuff and have it clean since it is so small, work with your mom even to create an award system.
  Send a message via AIM to Banana_choc  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
smiles_and_such Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Staying organized is hard when you're sharing a room with a 10 yr old. Help? - January 8th 2009, 12:51 PM

i think you should talk to your parents. do you guys do chores? maybe you can ask your parents to give you guys chores and get a reward. your sister would most likley have to clean up after herself more since they told her so. also as they said above. you could use storage boxes to put the stuff in. or you could get one big box, and when your room starts to get messy, throw everything in it and then you could slowly sort through it. you would have more room. you could also try to get rid of somethings so that there would be less of a chance that the mess would be unbearable?

Closed Thread