TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bgold1117 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

in a fight with a friend - April 3rd 2010, 01:27 AM

Alright so things have gone down the shitter w one of my good friends. Weve known eachother for 7 months and things didnt get bad till the past month. First thing that happened was when I was DD for him and another friend going out. He had a damn attitude towards me the whole night. First I passed a parking spot that was a 1/2 hr spot and kept arguing w me that it was a parking spot. Second he blamed me for getting his beer stolen. Third on the way back he messed around w the transmission in my car on the freeway. Fourth he freaked out when he lost his wallet and to put more shit on top of it, my car died when I was taking them thru a drive thru. He said to me "open up your car" and I was like my car is dead and he responded by saying "No it isnt you fucking idiot, the batterys still on." I went to confront him a few days later and he blew me off saying "im sick of hearing you complaining. I dont want to know what I did wrong". This doesnt make a lot of sense since it was the first time I ever had a problem with him. I know he was drunk and stuff but you can at least apologize for being a dick.

Second we live together. I always cook food and ventilation in the apt is poor so I always open the windows and door and spray air freshener but he always bitches whenever I make food that I keep stinking up the place when really its not my fault. Now he bitches that when I cook pasta I stink up the place too. Me, him and 3 other guys are supposed to live together so when I got home one day he told me I needed to make a decision asap about this one living arrangement that was thrown on at me at the last second and said I needed to agree to something I didnt necessarily want to or else theyd go w out me.

Lastly, we all went to Vegas the past weekend for spring break. I decided to put our differences besides for now but he kept acting like a total douche towards me the whole trip getting agitated at every single thing I did it seems and kept making smart ass remarks.

So the day after we got back I wrote him an email since the last time I confronted him about something didnt work, and he got extremely defensive and hostile calling me selfish and disrespectful. He said the reason hes been being a dick towards me is bc I have been disrespecting him which does not make any sense at all. He brought up the cooking thing again and said that I blatantly disregard what he asks me to do. I apologized about the whole cooking thing and told him what I would do from here on out but he would refuse to talk any further about that one weekend or vegas and said that I kept bothering him and need to take responsibility for myself when in fact HE IS the one that needs to take RESPONSIBILITY. Hes being extremely selfish, stubborn, and irrational. Ive done everything Ive possibly can to try and resolve this conflict but he wont budge. I dont know how the hell were al gonna live together next year but its not looking good right now.

So yea pretty much I had a big argument w him and decided Im temporarily ending our friendship until his attitude gets better. Am I doing the right thing? and who do you feel is right in this argument?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Allyboo Offline
Away.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: in a fight with a friend - April 3rd 2010, 02:22 AM

To be honest with you, this guy doesn't seem like a good friend, or even a likable person. I think you made the right decision with just forgetting about him. Perhaps, talk to the other people about him and see if they have been having the same issues?

Ask me anything, Any time. =) http://www.formspring.me/AllxAllyboo

.~. Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon. .~.

.~. Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will come after you. .~.

.~. Smile every second of the day. You never know who is falling in love with it. .~.
  Send a message via MSN to Allyboo  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lostandalone Offline
Forgotten loser
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Erika

Re: in a fight with a friend - April 3rd 2010, 02:26 AM

Yeah i agree, he isnt much of a freind.

See what others think about him too. They probley have the same issue. I think you are better off with another freind.

"Think of your life as a book, move forward, close one chapter and open another." Unknown

We give each other strength to make it through the darkness." Silverstein

‎"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." John W. Gardner

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving." J.K. Rowling

Closed Thread