TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
faded rainbow Offline
Not a n00b

worried about him - February 10th 2009, 12:58 AM

my cousin is 14 nearly 15 hes such a lovely kid he lives with his mum (my aunty) and his step dad who fathers his 3 young brothers and sister.....

hes got big ambitions but is easily strayed at school and gets in trouble but then when he gets in trouble he gets in trob;e at home, hes quite often grounded and banned from the computer and waching tv etc

his stepdad makes him read a book every week and answer questions about it as well as doing all his GCSE courseowrk and other homework

he loves his art (he is very talented) and dancing but his stepdad doesnt agree with it

at just 14 hes got his life planned out he knows what he wants to do at that age i didnt really know an since then my minds changed loads but i believe he'll go far if he wants it enough

everytime i go to my aunties i feel im in the middle of something you can feel the tension both her and my uncle just get at him all the time
and to be honest there very lucky to have him he helps hoover and clean and stuff and plays with his brothers and sister

everyone feels that there too harsh on him but noone will say nething cos they dont want a huge falling out within the family

i just feel for him and im worried because im nt exactly the happiest at home and ive ended up doing stupid things and drowning my sorrows with alcohol and i can just see him rebelling and i dont want him to end up doing stupid things and ruining all his dreams

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: worried about him - February 10th 2009, 08:20 PM

Hi there,

I think it's really great of you to be concerned about your cousin. Just like you said, it sounds like he's going to go far.

As of right now there is not much you can do to change things. His parents are only trying to do what's best for him and this may be the only way they know how. It's really too bad that they're putting so much pressure on him and not agreeing with his love of art and dancing, but one day he wont have to put up with their stress any longer and he can do what he really loves doing.

Have you tried talking to him about this and getting his views on how his parents are setting up his life? It might be good to let him know that there are other people that notice that he's under a lot of stress and that care about him.

I hope you're doing well.
All the best to you and your cousin.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread