TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hayybear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hailey

Tired of it. - February 10th 2009, 11:51 PM

Ahh im getting so tired of impressing my friends and being something im not. I tired of being a fake. I want to be me again. Im not who i am. Im soo sick and tired of impressing people at school. Soo many of my friends. I felt like I had no friends I thought I needed to change for the better so I could. and I did but to do that I started smoking,drinking,partying, hanging out with the wrong people. Thats not who I am. Yes I am fun outgoing and Veryyy shy! butThe perprsure and stuff I got so lost with my new friends. nothing seemed to bother me. But now I look and my life was so omuch easier. There was no Drama not a whole lot of fighting. I just dont know what to do anymore. anyone have any adivse??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CoolBluAly Offline
<3 Live, Laugh, Love <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: Tired of it. - February 11th 2009, 12:18 AM

omg I know what you mean. I used to be the same way, and I finally got sick of it. Here's what I'd do(did): If you're trying to impress them and if you cannot be YOU around them, then they cannot be true friends. Try talking to new people, and try to talk more. I know it can be hard and intimidation at times, but if you want to find some friends that you can be around, try talking and relating to people. Don't lie and be someone your not, otherwise you might end up the same way.
I'm here if you need to talk to someone. Don't be afraid to be your self! Be proud of who you are!

'If he wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet
He slapped my face and he shook me like a rag doll
Don't that sound like a real man?
I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of
Gunpowder and lead'

-Miranda Lambert, Gunpowder and Lead

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Half doomed and semi-sweet <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rhia.

Re: Tired of it. - February 11th 2009, 12:27 AM

You should never change who you are for other people. I was always a little bit weird at school, I had quite alot of friends but I wasnt amazingly popular and the friends I did have LIKED the fact that I was odd. I couldnt help the way I was back then. Then after I left school I tried to change myself to fit in at college, I kept it up for so long that my fake personality finally stuck to me and it's become who I am now. I cant change back to how I was. If you're yourself then someone will recognise how genuine you are and they'll admire you for that. Please dont lie to yourself and other people anymore, it does more harm than good.

H a p p i n e s s.
  Send a message via MSN to 20 Dollar Nose Bleed  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Tired of it. - February 12th 2009, 09:28 PM

Hi there,

It definitely sounds like this was not a positive change for you. There are good changes and bad changes, and this one was not healthy for you and even for who you are! You should feel like you are able to be yourself at any time. If these friends are holding you back from that, then maybe it's time to find a new group.

You are a good person, and I think it's great that you are realizing that you should be able to be who you really are. Find people that appreciate you and I'm sure you'll start feeling a lot better.

If you want to talk some more, let me know.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread