TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CageCardinal Offline
Wandering
Average Joe

Name: Vi

Exclamation This girl's headed to a wreckage and I can't be the one to stop her. - June 23rd 2010, 04:00 AM

So I made a post in another board that actually talked about her but I'll explain it in less vulgar, easier to understand terminology here.

I'll call her Anna. She is a teenaged alcoholic who only recently got into pot but she's smoked it every day for the past two weeks through meeting a random stranger at the park. He's 21. This is after she told me she didn't want to smoke weed all the time. Anna hardly ever gets sleep (she seriously falls asleep between 2am-6am) and drinks all this coffee so you can imagine shes really fucking hyper all the time and it's absolutely exhausting.

She also has this boyfriend who she neglects and she's constantly staring at other guys. She flirts with most of the guys she meets and she's always looking at the older ones as well. Anna doesn't talk, she SCREAMS every single word she says when its completely unnecessary and I know it must be for attention...then she complains when she gets attention. I swear she's nuts - she always has this crazy look in her eye. She also does the stupidest shit for no reason, such as stealing from the science lab and dumping rats in the girl's toilets (she was high that time...). She complains to me every day about how lonely she is, how depressed she is, how her parents are too busy to love her (they're constantly on business trips and they ignore her apparently) and she completely relies on me. I've told her so many times to leave me alone because i can't handle her CONSTANT whining.

Anna calls me minimum four times every day and I'm not even exagerrating people. Today she's called my six times (I miss most of her calls cause I don't hear my phone, I try to answer sometimes, but a lot of the time I'm truly busy or not in a mood to talk to her.)

I should be relieved because the school year is over and next year she's moving to a new highschool so I won't have to live with her every day. I know I am going to miss her...but bottom line I always worry about her and I know I'll be in agony next year too. I don't know how I'm supposed to help her...I can't relate to her problems at all. She says she can't stand to be alone with herself...and she's clingy and codependant to everyone. She clearly has an addictive personality because she's had addictions to cigarettes, alcohol and now pot it looks like. Who the hell knows what else she can get into? She always says shes fine and that she's not going to do anything dangerous but she freaking does. She's the most reckless person I know in every aspect of life. I know she's not into any "hardcore drugs" yet but it's only a matter of time...

Guys...what do I do?

MOJO RISIN'~!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: This girl's headed to a wreckage and I can't be the one to stop her. - June 23rd 2010, 02:14 PM

If her parents are paying attention to her call soical serveres. You can only do so much to help sombody before it becomes to much.

Atleast you tried your hardest.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: This girl's headed to a wreckage and I can't be the one to stop her. - June 24th 2010, 08:49 PM

I know that she may be terribly annoying, but she relies on you, so teach her to think for herself and reason for herself. This begins by teaching her about her addictions. Just talk to her and spend time with her, teaching her how to live well, so that when she moves you don't have to worry.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Online
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: This girl's headed to a wreckage and I can't be the one to stop her. - June 24th 2010, 08:51 PM

You're her friend, not her counselor. If you think calling CPS would be beneficial for her (ex. removing her from a hostile home environment), then that may be something you'll want to consider. Otherwise, all you can do is encourage her to get help, whether it be drug rehab or seeing a psychological professional (her addictive tendencies and reckless behavior could be partially due to a mental disorder, such as bipolar disorder (manic phases)). In the end, though, you need to be aware of your limits, and realize that you can't "save" her... she needs to be willing to get help on her own, and all you can do as her friend is point her in the right direction.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CageCardinal Offline
Wandering
Average Joe

Name: Vi

Re: This girl's headed to a wreckage and I can't be the one to stop her. - June 28th 2010, 06:01 PM

All right. She's been a bit calmer these past few days, not calling for me as much so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I've promised we'll catch up sometime soon when my schedule allows but it's difficult...I have to make time for a lot of people and things this summer and I can't spend every waking hour with her. So I'll do my best.

MOJO RISIN'~!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: This girl's headed to a wreckage and I can't be the one to stop her. - June 30th 2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageCardinal View Post
All right. She's been a bit calmer these past few days, not calling for me as much so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I've promised we'll catch up sometime soon when my schedule allows but it's difficult...I have to make time for a lot of people and things this summer and I can't spend every waking hour with her. So I'll do my best.
that's good !!

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread