TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

So my mom left, wanting to reach out - July 19th 2010, 06:48 AM

so my mom left us, its just me and my dad now...my friends ask me if thats good or bad but i honestly don't now im mad about it but im happy she finally left, she was finacially, and emotionally abusive, manipulative, greedy, selfish and self pittying. BUT she IS my mother and i still love her but im mad at her for the way she is...but her leaving i think is a good thing for us all its like that shinedown song "sometimes goodbye is a second chance" and my sister's stagget party was in june and i realized my older cousin alex who was like death before really isnt so bad...but im just want to reach out to some family or someone who can help me and help me sort of my feelings and why i feel like this...but im scared to because alex is much older than me and he's not someone i've really known in a way to confide in...but idk...i also have to becareful who i talk to him the cuz it might get back to my mom and my fave auntie is out of the question i am avoiding him like cancer because he sexually harassed me and made a move on me and she's unfortunately caught in the middle idk what to do

i guess i just feel like i've been betrayed...my own family imediate and extended keep stabbing me in the back

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: So my mom left, wanting to reach out - July 19th 2010, 04:43 PM

Hey Jamie.

My goodness, I regret to hear that your mom left you. In a way though, you're absolutely right, sometimes goodbye IS a second chance. Not only that, but it will also give her some time to sort her own life that without the distractions that comes with having a family (not bad distractions, just...distractions).

Anyway, obviously you (and I would imagine the rest of your family) is pretty shellshocked at this point - having a family member to leave the household and stay away for a while is a pretty big deal, but from what you described about some of your mother's words and actions, I truly think this change might be for the better.

I definitely think you should try to talk to someone else about this. Have you had a conversation with your dad about it? If not, I think that'd be a good place to start. And I think that your older cousin, even though he's not someone you'd usually open up to, would be really great to talk to if he was taking you seriously and invested in the conversation. Definitely worth a try.

I hope things work out!

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: So my mom left, wanting to reach out - July 20th 2010, 12:31 AM

i do talk to my dad but its just makes me more angry he talk sto me like im oprah, he tells me all his problems and how they make him feel and that he hates all the things my mom does and it pisses his (oh but he says he doesnt wanna talk bad about my mom) my little rant about her on this thread is only half as bad as what he does to me like im the adult shrink it's hard for me it makes it so much worse sometimes i feel like yelling shut up shut up shut up

not only do i have MY emotional bagage and my moms im always concious of becasue like i said she was manipulative...now i have my dad to worry about to like fuck handle ur own bagage i cant handle my own none the less

sorry is i swear too much in here

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

Closed Thread