TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
smart_chick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help with the mother! - August 28th 2010, 02:21 PM

Hey all,
So today was not exactly the best day cus yet again, my mother is super pissed at me!
What happened was that I was dragged out to wait for my mom while she attended a church funeral event (she doesn't even know the people) and I had to meet my aunt, her kid, and my grandma.
I know this doesn't sound all too bad but really! I have been meeting relatives basically everyday for my whole summer and I'm soo annoyed cus it's so boring and I don't exactly have the best temper...
but anyways, I was being kinda distant and silent cus I was just super annoyed and then I accidentally let slip that I wanted to go back to my house (and by that, I mean my boarding home) to my auntie. I totally forgot that my auntie has a huge mouth and she of course, goes and tells my mother.
and nowww, my mother is pissed as heck and is just yelling/crying/and has taken like 2 sleeping pills.
but the thing is that she's bipolar/depressed/pretty messed.
I dunno what to do, cus this time I know I messed up big time.

Help please?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Help with the mother! - September 2nd 2010, 02:16 AM

Hey there! I don't know the details of your previous living arrangements, but I would suggest sitting down with your mom and talking about your current living arrangements. Wait until she's calm (my stepmother has bipolar disorder, so I know there is NO WAY to reason with someone when they're upset), then make a list of things you DO and DON'T like about your current living arrangements. Find ways to make the situation better on YOUR end (ex. trying to have a more positive attitude, finding ways to cope when you're bored/annoyed), then ask her to come up with ways to make the situation better on HER end (ex. being mindful of how much time you spend with relatives vs. with friends, with her, or by yourself). With a bit of patience and tact, I'm confident that you'll be able to work something out with your mother. =) Good luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Help with the mother! - September 3rd 2010, 02:02 AM

just talk with your mom and see how things go from there. Cause it seems she's hurt because she thinks you don't like spending time with her, which pretty much hurts a mother's heart whether she has a condition or not. So try having a talk with her and just suggest spending time alone together where both of you will have fun.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread