TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Hate this :( - September 16th 2010, 06:17 PM

Has anyone else been dumped by a friend just when you needed them the most? I have been in the past and again recently. It just hurts so much!
My friend used to call me her big sister, we were really really close...then things happened with my ex and her, and things got messy for a while but then stabilized. Or so I thought.
My ex sexually assaulted me whilst he was dating my friend...horrid right?
Well she knew about this and helped me the day it happened, then she stayed with the guy and dumped me as a mate. I did so much for her and supported her loads, and yet she dumped me without a second thought!

Ive tried to fix things for ages now and I gave her an ultimatum yesterday saying that if she wanted nothing to do with me then she shouldnt reply to the message and if she did then we should meet up...she didnt reply.
So in that sense its over, but I can't help but miss her and feel bad that we aren't trying to make up.

It doesn't help that my mum thinks I should stay away because of what she did. I just..don't know.

sorry for it being long I guess I'm asking for advice, did i do the right thing or should I still try to be friends with her?

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Hate this :( - September 16th 2010, 07:48 PM

In all honesty, Georgia, she doesn't seem like much of a "friend". I mean, she picked her disgusting, immoral boyfriend over her loving, supportive friend? If I were in her position, I'd be too ASHAMED to talk to you after making such a poor decision. Either she's aware that she made a bad choice, and she won't own up to her actions by talking to you, or she has severe emotional/mental problems and is clinging to her boyfriend out of desperation. I don't know... but whatever the case may be, it still leads me back to the same conclusion: she is NOT a good friend (let alone a good PERSON) to have in your life. You have many friends who ARE good to you, so spend more time with them. =)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hate this :( - September 16th 2010, 08:02 PM

I do? I forgot to add that she has now dumped her bf and thats when she sent me an email wanting to speak to me

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: Hate this :( - September 16th 2010, 08:09 PM

I have to agree with Robin...you absolutely did the right thing! You need to surround yourself with friends who love and support you no matter what. This girl's insecurities obviously is clouding her judgement of what you really mean to her. Boyfriends come and go...great friends are hard to come by and one day she will realize that she lost an awesome friend. Let her go and walk her own path. She has to learn her lessons in life on her own-just as you do. You now know what you are looking for in a "true" friend and she doesn't seem to fit your criteria any more.
You deserve so much more than how she is treating you and she sounds like she is going through some self esteem and insecurity issues or else she would have dumped his a$$ after what he did to you!!!...choosing a guy who violated ANYONE( let alone a dear friend) over you...is not the definition of a true friend!

Again, you absolutely did the right thing and don't second guess your judgement. Stand in your Greatness...continue being the amazing person that you are...shine your light because I think she missed out on having you for a true friend.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: Hate this :( - September 16th 2010, 08:12 PM

Georgia...you do what is in your heart. Perhaps talk to her to hear what she has to say because that way you won't "assume" anything but follow your inner guidance as you decide if you wish to continue this friendship.
The decision is yours...choose wisely

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hate this :( - September 16th 2010, 10:10 PM

thank you, I was planning on hearing her side, but she wont talk to me at all :/

Paramore! <3
Closed Thread