TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Question What does he mean "Because you're a girl" !?!?!?!? - September 16th 2010, 11:14 PM

I hate this response, and I get it all the time from my friend Corey. In his texts to me, he'll ****** do that to his cuss words. I ask him why he just doesn't type it out, it's not like it will offend me or anything, and his response is always "It's because you're a girl". I always reply back "So? I get more offended when I'm called a witch by a girl then when I'm called so by a guy." I say witch, because I don't really like cussing, to either sex. He just always replies "Because you're a girl". Guys out there, what does he mean? I'm completely lost!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: What does he mean "Because you're a girl" !?!?!?!? - September 16th 2010, 11:16 PM

I'm not a guy but I think he's just trying to be respectful. I don't think he means any harm by it, he would just rather not outright swear to a lady. Quite respectable.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: What does he mean "Because you're a girl" !?!?!?!? - September 17th 2010, 12:39 AM

Yeah, it's an old fashioned thing. And it's out of respect. Males weren't supposed to curse in front of women, just like women weren't supposed to use that kind of language.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: What does he mean "Because you're a girl" !?!?!?!? - September 17th 2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylalatbh. View Post
I'm not a guy but I think he's just trying to be respectful. I don't think he means any harm by it, he would just rather not outright swear to a lady. Quite respectable.
It might be like that, but I've had to talk him out of doing it with everything! He treats me different because I'm younger and a girl. He used to tell me that when he said something is wrong, he couldn't tell me because I'm a girl. I understand that, to an extent. "What are you up too?" "Stuff." "Fun, like what?" "Can't tell you, you're a girl."

He used to do it with everything, but he never held back on telling me dirty jokes.

I understand him not telling me certain topics, like I won't tell him when I'm on my period, or if I'm pissed at another girl. That's girl stuff. But he won't tell me anything besides "You've lost the game".

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: What does he mean "Because you're a girl" !?!?!?!? - September 17th 2010, 08:45 PM

He's trying to be a gentlemen by covering up his swear words although he'd be best off not adding them to his text messages to start with. Some guys don't think its right to swear near girls. Seeing how some guys find girls that swear to be unattractive myself being one of them. I personally cant stand it however I just expect it more from guys. I no its not fair but thats the way I see it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: What does he mean "Because you're a girl" !?!?!?!? - September 17th 2010, 09:15 PM

As everyone else has said, out of respect. Also perhaps because he's afraid he'll be accused of "corrupting" you.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: What does he mean "Because you're a girl" !?!?!?!? - September 18th 2010, 01:19 AM

I just lost the game.

I agree with everyone else. It sounds like your friend is trying to be a gentleman and avoid bringing up certain words/subjects in your presence. He could also be teasing you by holding back every now and then... which is fairly typical of guy friends when they're around girl friends. If it bothers you that much, I would calmly try to talk to him about it again, and ask him to speak his mind (no matter what the word/subject may be). Otherwise, just let it go. "Boys will be boys."

Closed Thread