TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayla :)

help. - October 5th 2010, 10:16 PM

im finding it still a bit werid to talk to my father face to face. i feel like its easyer to talk to him online or by phone or text message. but i cant give him my cell my mother doesnt want me to . its werid ive seen him 5 times already. and ive talked to him sence last december but before that nothing no talking or any connetion till now . its werid because my mother doesnt know i talked to him before that. i love to get to know that side of me but i cant stand just sitting there and talking to him wife and his brother and wife anymore. its getting to be like theres nothing to talk about i dont know what to do because i dont want to hurt my mothers feelings or my step dads

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Alistare Offline
Hug Department- Always open
Not a n00b

Name: Tim

Re: help. - October 5th 2010, 11:03 PM

Hi Kayla,

I take it from your post that your parent's recently got divorced? I'm not entirely sure what your situation is with your dad, but you should never feel forced into speaking with him. You may be his daughter but that doesn't mean you'll instantly have something to connect with and talk about. Have you tried telling him you don't feel like talking face to face? sometimes being honest is the best way to resolve things. Your mother should support you either way he's your father and if you want to get to know him she should understand. You can also try talking to your mom and see why she feels the way she does about the whole situation.

The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Need help? Just want to chat? Feel free to PM me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayla :)

Re: help. - October 6th 2010, 12:14 AM

no they were never together not sense i was so to speak before i was born... long before..

no i want to talk face to face and everything but its hard when were just sitting there talking about nothing at all ...

because he hasnt been around . and truthfully i know that and if it wasnt for me last decemember he still wouldnt be talking to me he moved home so i could get to know him. he has a family he is married has a son and a step son. so brothers for me . lol but its nice to get to know him just my mother being herself doesnt want to let me have freedom with seeing him she has to be there in the car while we are talking . he isnt aloud to pick me up from school or anything and i still havent got to see my brothers yet . my mother thinks im rushing things or that he is and its up to me well it should be . my mother has sole coustidy how every you spell it / its hard for me because he is just in my life now and im 16 now i should have the right to see him all the time not just when ,my mother says so .

Closed Thread