TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

I'm so scared. - November 15th 2010, 10:21 PM

My uncle has felt sick the past few days, just awhile ago, he found bumps on this throat, and when you run your fingers up and down on his throat you can feel them. I'm really worried because I don't want something bad to happen to him. Everyone tells me I shouldn't be worried and it may not be serious, but he still needs to get a biopsy and get it tested.
My uncle was like a father to me when my own wasn't. I do love my father but he's a huge bible humper and it pisses me off because I despise christianity. I'm sorry if this offends someone but it's the truth. He talks about jesus this jesus that when he knows I don't like it, it seems specifically just to piss me off.
First, my aunt who I have always been close with got breast cancer, it spread to only one limph node, but she doesn't even want to live and...well, I won't get into that. But needless to say that's been upsetting enough. It's one fucking thing after another. We're hard on money, we just barely get by paying rent and shit, why the fuck does this always have to happen to us??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm so scared. - November 17th 2010, 11:48 PM

Gee thanks alot for the fucking support guys.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: I'm so scared. - November 18th 2010, 03:29 AM

I apologize for the late response. Please don't get the impression that people don't care. Perhaps they are busy.

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Fear for someone else's health is quite scary, and I know how you feel having had several relatives go through the same thing (with bad outcomes). The best is to have a positive outlook and try not to think about the worst case scenario. It's important to be cheerful and optimistic, especially around your uncle. Emotional well-being does seem to have an influence on physical health.

I wish you and your uncle, and your relatives well. Keep us updated on how the biopsy goes. I would be scared too.

Best,
D C

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm so scared. - November 18th 2010, 04:09 AM

Please don't think that we don't care. I haven't had a chance to get on here for 4 days now.
Oh...I'm sorry for your situation. But make sure you are being an optimist. Really helps and it might make your uncle feel better.
PM if you need to chat!

Closed Thread