TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

This sucks. - November 23rd 2010, 10:33 PM

Now, i don't mind being there for my friends when they need someone to talk to. But you know, sometimes i need to talk to someone as well. But my friends don't like to listen to what i'm saying, they just start off on something about them. I haven't usually minded so much, i know they have their problems, but lately i've been having some serious problems and i just wanna talk to a good friend about them.

Sometimes i don't even wanna talk about me, sometimes i just want to say hi, or how're you, what's up. Stuff like that. But not even my best friend wants to talk to me. I say something and she says one thing back, and that's it. I try and carry on a conversation, but her or anyone else never replies back.

I'm just lonely, i want to talk to some supposedly good friends of mine, but i guess i'm too boring or depressing to stupid to talk to, and once again i'm alone. Just like when i was down south before i moved, it's not the same as when i left. Back to being alone, with no one to talk to, and no one caring. Bet if i killed myself they wouldn't care....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
GleeLover514 Offline
<3
Not a n00b

Re: This sucks. - November 23rd 2010, 10:48 PM

Why don't you try talking to them about it? And if they still don't listen you should try talking to your parents or another trusted adult.
Please don't kill yourself, things will get better, just wait.
PM me if you ever want to talk. *hugzz*

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: This sucks. - November 23rd 2010, 11:13 PM

Hey there,

I think you need to stand up to your friends and tell them you need someone to talk to, someone to help with your problems. If they can't help then that's OK, but you need to let them know you're under pressure so they give you a break when you need it. There are lots of people you can talk to about your problems, particularly on TH, and it's important that you can get it off your chest without feeling bogged down by your friends' issues.

Could you tell them you feel upset by the way the conversation never goes anywhere? Maybe your best friend feels the same way and neither of you know what to say. I really don't think it's because they don't want to talk to you. If that is the case, they're not very good friends. I know that sounds harsh, but friends should be there to talk to you and not just when they want someone to unload all their problems onto.

Take care and stay strong. PM me if you need to talk some more.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This sucks. - November 24th 2010, 12:01 AM

I know...
I guess i'm one of those people who act and kinda feel like they can be alone and it won't bother them, and actually prefers it that way. But i really am someone who needs to hang around people, and considering all my friends like that, i guess i have no true friends and i'm truly alone.

I feel like if i talk to them about it, they'll think i'm needy and whiny.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: This sucks. - November 24th 2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Confused View Post
I know...
I guess i'm one of those people who act and kinda feel like they can be alone and it won't bother them, and actually prefers it that way. But i really am someone who needs to hang around people, and considering all my friends like that, i guess i have no true friends and i'm truly alone.

I feel like if i talk to them about it, they'll think i'm needy and whiny.
I know the feeling, sweetie. But isn't it hypocritical of your friends to think you're needy for talking about your problems? I hate to say it but if that's their attitude then you could probably do with some better friends.

Why don't you try and talk to them? If the worst comes to worst at least you know, and won't have to sit there worrying about all the "what if"s. You're not alone. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who think you're amazing, and anyone who can't give you that respect is not worth your time.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
GleeLover514 Offline
<3
Not a n00b

Re: This sucks. - November 24th 2010, 10:34 PM

You know, this made me think of a time when I was really sick and I just wanted to talk to my "best friend" to help me feel better. She would just walk away whenever I would just sit by her. Meanwhile, everything was getting worse with my health and another close friend cared enough to stay with me through it. Maybe you have a friend like my new best friend who would want to listen and help you out. And if you don't maybe consider finding a few more friends who would listen.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This sucks. - November 25th 2010, 04:55 PM

I guess...
I have other friends, it's just i've been friends with a couple people for sooo long it's hard to let go.
And I talked to one of them last night..
But it was about a guy, so of course she'd want to hear about that. :/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Name: Damien

Re: This sucks. - November 25th 2010, 06:49 PM

I think, honestly, you need to find different friends. I used to have friends like that and then I decided why waste my time on people who don't give a crap about me? And I dumped them as friends, and I've never been better.
They're not worth your time.
Meet new people, join new clubs.
Just talk with people you wouldn't normally do.
You can always message me If you need to talk to someone or anything.
Good luck!

Send a message via MSN to kokorocks  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
GleeLover514 Offline
<3
Not a n00b

Re: This sucks. - November 26th 2010, 08:19 PM

I agree with kokorocks.
Maybe start with small steps like just casually talking to the people next to you or join some clubs. Eventually you can sit by your new friends at lunch and hang out outside of school.
The aspect of letting go is never easy when you've known the same people for so long, that's completely natural. But it's all part of life. You don't have to completely leave them if you don't want to, I still talk to my old best friend, but we aren't as close as we used to be.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This sucks. - November 27th 2010, 02:24 AM

Yeahh... My friends that aren't talking to me actually aren't from my school, they're from my church where i used to live.
But yeahh. I just posted on (i don't know if you can post different sites, if i can't, then go ahead and edit this) facebook;

"if you really want to say something about me, say it to my face.
if you want to talk to me, then you start the conversation because i'm not going to waste my time trying to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to me.

kthxbai."

So yeah.
Now they can see if, and if they really want to talk to me, then they can. But i'm not going to start it because if they don't want to talk to me, then i'm not going to try.

I'm just fed up with being ignored. I was sad at first, now i'm just getting pissed off.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Re: This sucks. - November 27th 2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Yeahh... My friends that aren't talking to me actually aren't from my school, they're from my church where i used to live.
But yeahh. I just posted on (i don't know if you can post different sites, if i can't, then go ahead and edit this) facebook;

"if you really want to say something about me, say it to my face.
if you want to talk to me, then you start the conversation because i'm not going to waste my time trying to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to me.

kthxbai."

So yeah.
Now they can see if, and if they really want to talk to me, then they can. But i'm not going to start it because if they don't want to talk to me, then i'm not going to try.

I'm just fed up with being ignored. I was sad at first, now i'm just getting pissed off.
Well good for you.
You have a right to be angry, they are not being nice, and you are doing the right thing. Sticking up for yourself and not putting up with their crap.
Good for you.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This sucks. - November 28th 2010, 03:01 AM

Thanks!
I felt kinda hesitant at first because my mom and some of her friends are friends with me on there, so i was kinda worried if she was going to say something, or if they would to her, but they haven't.

So yeah.

Apparently we might go down there at the end of december and we'll see them, but i won't start the conversation. If they want to talk to me, they can talk to me, but i won't be hanging around wanting to talk to them.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Re: This sucks. - November 28th 2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks!
I felt kinda hesitant at first because my mom and some of her friends are friends with me on there, so i was kinda worried if she was going to say something, or if they would to her, but they haven't.

So yeah.

Apparently we might go down there at the end of december and we'll see them, but i won't start the conversation. If they want to talk to me, they can talk to me, but i won't be hanging around wanting to talk to them.
I'm happy for you, that's great!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This sucks. - November 29th 2010, 01:23 AM

Thanks! : )
I'm pretty proud of myself, too.
6 months ago, i never would've seen myself without them.
Even if they were ignoring me then.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Re: This sucks. - November 29th 2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks! : )
I'm pretty proud of myself, too.
6 months ago, i never would've seen myself without them.
Even if they were ignoring me then.
That's great that you're proud of yourself!
I'm glad.

Closed Thread