TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cuttingsolitude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

my half family - December 3rd 2010, 04:52 AM

sorry if I ramble.
Well my dad has 3 other children from his first wife. Him and his first wife got a divorce and he moved illinois to louisiana where he met my mother. My mom had 3 step children from her first husband who died of a heart attack. Throughout my life I never really liked my dads other kids for some odd reason. Now, all of a sudden I really want to meet them and get to know them. I feel like i've been cheated because I didn't get to grow up with them and I dont know how they lived. I can't stop wondering about their lives from the very small details like what did they do on weekends did they grow up okay did and all kind of things. The only time I met them was when i was like 6 and that was just for thanksgiving besides for the oldest who moved down to louisiana and worked for my dad. They had a blowout and he moved back up north. I recently tried contacting them. My two brothers won't even add me on facebook let alone send me a reply to my messages. My sister added me and talked to me a little. This thanksgiving we were suppose to go up there but it didn't happen for some reason. Im really depressed about them not wanting to see me or even talk to me. Even my brothers wife talked to me and he wouldn't. She said she wished everyone could get over the hurt feelings and meet each other and that she hoped to meet me one day. I'm not sure what I've done wrong to them to make them hate me. I'm on the verge of just saying forget it and not trying anymore but i can't for some reason.

sorry for the wall of text.

"My cuts don't represent my want to die, rather my need to live." - Me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: my half family - December 3rd 2010, 10:57 PM

Hey there, well this is one of the situations where their choice is very very important. I don't know what it feels like to have a half-family of siblings, but I imagine it hurts greatly for a father to up and go and have another family somewhere else. It almost looks (maybe even feels) as if they were abandoned probably.

Its good that you are being friendly and all but its at a point where you have to let them come to you know. Atleast you have opened the door but they have to come in by themselves now, you can't force them. So keep the door open, speak to your sister and/or whoever else agrees to talk to you and just let them make their choice.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cuttingsolitude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my half family - December 7th 2010, 03:26 AM

thanks, I'm trying its just hard to know about them but not know them. i want to meet them so bad.

"My cuts don't represent my want to die, rather my need to live." - Me

Closed Thread