TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

View Poll Results: Has this ever happened to you?
No 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 5th 2010, 12:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Far away... I can only communicate through facebook and that's really empty feeling, unless I am physically with them I don't think I'll ever be happy again. I have considered killing myself or doing hard drugs like ketamine to make it stop because I can't stand being away from them. I'm 99% sure I won't kill myself because I don't want that person to be hurt any more than they are moving away from me and all their other friends.

But I give myself a 50% chance of doing some hard drugs because I know it won't hurt my friend as long as I don't go snort 4g of coke and drop dead. My reasoning is this, if it brings me away from this world and lets me forget how shitty life is for me right now, whatever it is, I'm going for it.

And don't say I will love someone else again, you don't know that, I can guarantee you've never loved someone as much as I love(not loved, I still love them of course ) this person.

Advice, help, support, whatever you can do to help me would be cool I guess. The only reason I'm posting here is because Serenity. told me it's a good idea.

Last edited by IMissYouGrant!; December 5th 2010 at 01:08 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Saphire Offline
♥♥♥
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Saphire

Re: The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 5th 2010, 01:33 PM

Hard drugs won't help heal the pain you are feeling. Sure, it may take you away from it all for a bit, but what happens when you become addicted to these drugs? What happens when you have a bad drug experience which just heightens the pain that you are already suffering from?

Drugs are not the answer.

And don't worry, I'm not here to tell you that you will love someone else and get over this person. I understand that this is extremely hard for you to deal with - it would be for anyone!

Maybe you could try to have phonecalls with them? Or talk on Skype - I know it's not the same as being with them, but you could interact with them better than on facebook, and it may leave you feeling less empty.

Also, going to counselling could also be beneficial in order for you to cope with them moving away.

Please don't do anything to harm yourself. I know you said that it wouldn't harm them, but I'm pretty sure that you abusing your body by taking hard drugs would upset them.

Stay strong x

Saphire

(#3 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 17th 2010, 09:23 PM

Well FUCK ME, now my 2nd best friend (not the same person) is moving away in 2 months.

Why does everything I love leave me?
I'm going to go kill myself now or something.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 18th 2010, 12:27 AM

Yeah...I know the feeling of having your two closest friends move far away...it's an empty feeling at first, but over time it heals. You'll see them both again at some point, and you definitely will love again; even if you try to promise yourself you won't. Haven't you ever seen a corny chick flick? =P
Sorry...not trying to make light of your troubles, it's a terrible feeling, but drugs or suicide are definitely not the answer. Put yourself in your friends shoes...You're forced to move far away from your loved one and because of that, that person ends up either on terrible substances or dead...not a good thought at all.
Stay strong, somewhere deep within you know you can get through this, it may feel like life is against you, but alas, life goes on, and all things get better.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 18th 2010, 06:23 AM

Do not kill yourself. It won't hurt forever. I know its hard now, but like the person above me said, time heals it. You will still get to talk to them and maybe even visit them sometimes. I don't think your friends are too happy about moving ether. They probably will miss you just as much as you will miss them. Maybe they are even feeling the exact same way when they think about having to leave you behind and move somewhere totally different. Drugs and suiside will not help anything, they will just make things harder than need be. It can't rain forever, the sun has to come out sometime. Keep your head up and stay strong, don't let this beat you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 18th 2010, 11:07 AM

I'd be happy if I knew the person I love is happy, but they move so much, I can guarantee he's not. They need to make new friends every 1-2 years, they need to adjust to different school settings, how they work, how they act. Someone suggest I tell them to talk to their parents but 1 His parents sound unreasonable 2 That wouldn't work on anyone's parents. The only possibility of that having any effect is if his parents could find a way to get him to this school (45 minutes away from where he is, IKR Why fucking move if you're only like 30 mintues away?) but like I said his parents are unreasonable, so...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 22nd 2010, 03:42 PM

You can't tell yourself that you'll only ever love this one person. You have to allow yourself to move on and be happy.

My best friend said that she would never love again, and she was the most miserable person I have ever seen in my life. She wasn't even the same person anymore.

Putting that kind of attachment on someone is only going to ruin your life. Yes, bad things happen in life, but you have to allow yourself to move on and be happy.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Got love?
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

Re: The only person I ever loved or will love moved - December 22nd 2010, 07:16 PM

Don't worry, life will get better. But drugs are NOT the way to go. Have you ever seen someone come out happier after battling a drug addiction?

And if your friend only lives 30 minutes away, it wouldn't be that hard to see them. Life will go and new friends will be made.

Bi-sexual and proud

Closed Thread