TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kaydea Offline
Dreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaydea

I've Been Replaced?! - December 13th 2010, 03:55 AM

So it all started when I left for 2 months to Oklahoma.
When I got back, my brother's friend... I'll call him James. James was living with my mother, father and brother.
The other changes when I got back?
My brother and James were now in my room, and I was stuck in this room that's about the size of a full bathroom.
(Small backstory, we [my family] have lived in this house for 2 years, all of which I've been pointing out pros to me receiving a house key.)
Guess who has a house key. Not only does my brother have one, but James.
My parents said it was because he had a job.
Well, I put up with everything.

One day my mom was at school, and my dad at work. James and my brother were making sandwiches. To try and make conversation I made the simple statement, "Oh, you guys put mayo on your chicken patties?" To which James snaps back, "Sorry, I don't answer stupid questions from STUPID people." And went towards the hall. I was trying not to break down, and so I threw the mayo towards the refrigerator... Anyways... About 15-20 minutes later James comes back down, gets water, then bumps into me on his way upstairs...
Well, when he bumped into me, he spun around threatening me, telling me not to trip him "or else".
Before I knew it, he had a clenched fist raised, and out of pure 'OhMyGosh' reflex, I swung towards his face.
Needless to say, my brother, who had been quiet this whole time James was doing this, started yelling at ME. Then, my OWN BROTHER went and called the cops on ME for hitting him FIRST.
Long story short, I went in for that night.
Case was dropped due to probable cause.

Anyways; when I got out, I called my mom, and let her know that I wasn't comfortable living there with James in the house. She replied with "He can't be out on the streets!"
To me, if someone was making my daughter feel unsafe in even the slightest, they wouldn't be in my house... But, maybe that's just me...
THAT long story short, I was homeless for 4 months, until I gave in and decided feeling unsafe was better than starving and freezing.

Ever since then James has continued to be disrespectful. He lost his job, yet still has a key. I finally got one. He harasses me under his breath, talks about me in other languages to my brother while I'm sitting there (and they're laughing), makes me feel alienated around my own brother [who, if I didn't mention, is perfectly fine when James leaves for a bit.], sometimes makes me nervous to leave my room, in hopes to avoid him starting any confrontation, and most of all; I feel like I'm slowly losing my family... (I most of all feel like he's taken my brother from me.)

I feel as if I'm not family anymore.
As if I'm the guest, and James is the kin.
I feel as if there's no way out of this situation.
(Especially since I can't afford to move out until some fines are paid off.)

The ultimate thing that crushes me about the whole situation?
Through out everything; James came first, not their daughter.
They chose to keep him the guy that raised his fist at their daughter in their house, while their daughter slept under bridges, and in public parks.
While they were feeding him, I was out asking for change. Excited to even get a dollar for food.
I just ultimately don't understand why they're doing what they're doing.
And I don't understand what I'm supposed to do about it. (I've tried talking to them over and over)
Any suggestions/opinions?

My Friends Say the Darndest Things

"I'm so wary right now that I'm slightly levitating!"
"Levitating?! DID YOU BUY CRISS ANGEL'S SELL-OUT KIT?!"
-
SirNavi AND Myself

"...i can go frolic freely with the leprechauns..."

-
SirNavi

"If Santa can squeeze through chimneys,
then Santa's spawn can squeeze through a urethra."

-Myself

"Are you suggesting later would be a good time to cadoodle?"
-Damien

Send a message via AIM to Kaydea Send a message via MSN to Kaydea Send a message via Yahoo to Kaydea  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Confusedgrl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've Been Replaced?! - December 14th 2010, 01:32 AM

I shocked. That is terrible. What i would do if i were you is ask your mom if you want to watch a movie together, just you two, and tr and regain a mother daughter bond. Slowly start doing little things with her, and maybe after awhile you guys can start talking about this "james" kid. I would tell you to message me or something if you just need someone to listen but this is my first night on here and i have no clue what im doing. /:

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kaydea Offline
Dreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaydea

Re: I've Been Replaced?! - December 14th 2010, 04:03 PM

We do stuff together all the time.
That's the weird part.
We have a good mother-daughter relationship,
I just feel like "James" is butting his head in it and all that jazz...

Ugh.
Another thing irks me...
For a year now he's been using my computer chair.
I just recently got it back,
and he's using the one I used for the past year.

Anyways; he has the nerve to complain about how uncomfortable the chair is, and ask my parents to buy him a new one.
Ugh. I dealt with it for a year while he had my chair, he can handle it just fine...

To make matters worse, he's now using my brother's chair, while my brother uses the uncomfy one.

To me, it's obvious that he's a bit needy and materialistic, while not caring about what anyone else has to say...
Basically every little factor about this kid just tests my sanity.

My Friends Say the Darndest Things

"I'm so wary right now that I'm slightly levitating!"
"Levitating?! DID YOU BUY CRISS ANGEL'S SELL-OUT KIT?!"
-
SirNavi AND Myself

"...i can go frolic freely with the leprechauns..."

-
SirNavi

"If Santa can squeeze through chimneys,
then Santa's spawn can squeeze through a urethra."

-Myself

"Are you suggesting later would be a good time to cadoodle?"
-Damien

Send a message via AIM to Kaydea Send a message via MSN to Kaydea Send a message via Yahoo to Kaydea  
Closed Thread