TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Heather1519 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

What to do with my mom? - December 18th 2010, 04:48 PM

So I'm having problems with my mom. with her its one thig after another she takes about 17 diffrents medicenes a day (yes all prescribed to her) she sleeps all day and dosnt have a job i do the clothes the dishes and clean the house and make the meals. I don't mean to sound ungratful or like a spoiled brat at all though I know this might sound like it but I'm tired of doing everything for her and listening to her whine.she has depression and I understand but at the same time there's only so much I can take and Shea also bi-polar. Unfourantly that's the cause of most fights and at times she dosnt even listen to me.like this morning she asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her nothing because I have my own job and have most of everything I want. She asked if I wanted stuff for my car (I just turned sixteen) I told her no.five minutes later she tells me that's what she's gonna buy me for Christmas. She hasn't bought it yet.I don't wanna sound rude of bratty but I'm Lisa starting to get Annoyed with her. What do i do? Is it normal for me to be so distant from her when every other kid my age tree moms are there bffs?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Phantom~ Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What to do with my mom? - December 18th 2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1519 View Post
So I'm having problems with my mom. with her its one thig after another she takes about 17 diffrents medicenes a day (yes all prescribed to her) she sleeps all day and dosnt have a job i do the clothes the dishes and clean the house and make the meals. I don't mean to sound ungratful or like a spoiled brat at all though I know this might sound like it but I'm tired of doing everything for her and listening to her whine.she has depression and I understand but at the same time there's only so much I can take and Shea also bi-polar. Unfourantly that's the cause of most fights and at times she dosnt even listen to me.like this morning she asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her nothing because I have my own job and have most of everything I want. She asked if I wanted stuff for my car (I just turned sixteen) I told her no.five minutes later she tells me that's what she's gonna buy me for Christmas. She hasn't bought it yet.I don't wanna sound rude of bratty but I'm Lisa starting to get Annoyed with her. What do i do? Is it normal for me to be so distant from her when every other kid my age tree moms are there bffs?

Hi,

Everyone's relationship to their parents are different. What annoys you the most about her? Maybe that will shed some light as to what is happening there. It seems too that you have assumed a role of the women of the house, maybe you see her as a child like she would see you.
  Send a message via MSN to ~Phantom~  
Closed Thread