TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HurtAndLost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elissa

Annoying - January 10th 2011, 12:50 AM

Me and my parents do not really get along. They are really annoying and dont let me do anything. They say that they just want to keep me safe but they are way to overprotective. They take my phone away at night so i dont text at nite and all my friends think that it is stupid. I cut when im mad and they make me mad a lot. And they dont know it them too. They dont let me do this and dont let me do that. Im not free and as soon as i am done with school im just gonna leave.
Sorry if its nothing but rambling i do that a lot

~Elissa Renee~ If I die today what would u do tomorrow?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
aftermath1 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Annoying - January 10th 2011, 04:54 AM

No parent is perfect and so are yours. I had a similar problem with my parents who were very watchful of everything I do. The point is your parents want you to protect you from the harsh realities of life and society which in the long run is going to hurt you. The best way to out of this problem is by speaking to your parents on what you are missing out and you deserve some amount of respect and freedom. Your problem is common and above all is very much solvable by speaking your heart out with your parents.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mae_kas Offline
searcher of answers
Not a n00b

Name: Mae

Re: Annoying - January 10th 2011, 05:41 AM

My parents were and are and will be overprotective.

About the cellphone I didn't get one until I turned 15 and that was to control the phone bill. But you could try to reason with them about the cellphone stuff, I can't assure you anything, you should also try to wonder why they keep you from doing things and come up for reason why they are not that dangerous/bad.

About hurting yourself, I hope this doesn't sound that harsh and it isn't my intention tu rub it in, but aside of not helping to your problems probably could add to them. As in "we can't even trust you with yourself" because it's not good. I understand that not being able to things that evreyone does it's highly frustrating, specially when evreyon does and other people don't even sympathize. But as you grow up you will gain more independence. But now as much as it's annoying when wanting to go out around and late do try to have back up plans as: with whom? where? how? untill when?, promise to call, and have people to get back with (how you're going back?) will put their mind at ease just by knowing how things are going about, instead of just not knowing and thinking the worst of it.

and I need your sway, cause you always pay for it
and I need your soul, cause you're always soulfull
and I need your heart, cause you're alwyas in the rigth places
  Send a message via Yahoo to mae_kas Send a message via Skype™ to mae_kas 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Annoying - January 13th 2011, 04:07 AM

Have you tried to look at it from your parents' view. You don't know much about this world and they would prefer that you know there are more things to life than a cell-phone. What are some other things that they don't let you do if you don't mind me asking ??

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
HurtAndLost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Annoying - January 18th 2011, 03:56 AM

They dont let me go to friends houses, i cant go to movies, skating, and cant even stay after school without tons of questions, and a bunch of other things i cant remember right now

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Annoying - January 18th 2011, 06:29 PM

You know there are alot of dangers out there. Many which are all dangerous thus the name Dangers. I don't know your parents, but from what I am reading there is a possibility that they would prefer to have you safe infront of their eyes than trust anyone else with you.

I have heard it is very painful for a parent to lose a child. So if I am correct and they are doing this out of love then try and understand this even though it is annoying. Try and understand that they are being very protective. Tell you what, try and spend sometime with them also, i know you want to spend time with your friends but try and spend also time with your parents, just chilling even go out together.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
HurtAndLost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Annoying - January 19th 2011, 01:07 PM

I really do try but they always say something and we were never really close and after they found out about my cutting, we really talk less then what we did before

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Annoying - January 19th 2011, 03:16 PM

Often alot, when parents find out their children are harming themselves they may appear to retract and it appears as though they don't care. But then you might find out that when they are alone they too are hurting. And when you are a parent a child has only 1 life to live and once again often enough parents question themselves and end up blaming themselves for mistakes, and they know that time can't be reversed. I don't know your parents but maybe they are going through this, and I don't know their side of the story.

So its up to you to make the moves and try very very hard to see it from their point of view. So keep trying to spend time with them and even talking to them about this matter, cause you might be surprised of the amount of love a human being is capable of.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
HurtAndLost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Annoying - January 19th 2011, 08:18 PM

your right, all i can do is try and thanks maybe we can be friends

(#10 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Annoying - January 22nd 2011, 03:27 AM

I know your parents seem annoying to you right now, and I had the same problem too. Eventually you come to the understanding that they just love you and care about you and they only want to try and protect you just like any good parents would do.
You should feel lucky you have parents who care about you and care about what you do or who you see or where you go, because alot of parents out there don't give a rats ass about their kids or whatever they're doing. Those kinds of kids end up getting kidnapped or murdered or raped because their parents didn't do anything.
You are still just 15, and once you get older and are of an adult age, if it still really bothers you you can find a steady job, save up money, get a little apartment of your own. It's not so bad. Once you're older and if you talk to them I'm sure they'll realize you need your freedom too.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
HurtAndLost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Annoying - January 23rd 2011, 03:31 AM

Thats why i cant wait till i go to college

(#12 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Annoying - January 23rd 2011, 04:03 AM

That's great you want to go to College! See, once you graduate from College you'll have a degree to do whatever it is you want to do, you'll find a good paying job and be able to get your own place soon.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
HurtAndLost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Annoying - January 23rd 2011, 04:29 AM

Yeah, both of my parents didn't go to college and they really push on our school grades, its annoying but i know that they care

Closed Thread