TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
laurens14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Mothers who make it hard... - January 15th 2011, 02:06 PM

My mom and I have had a hard time getting along ever since I can remember. She has been married six times and continues to show distructive behavior. I live with my grandma and am having a hard time coping. I wish I could find a way to get to her and feel like she cares for me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Mothers who make it hard... - January 15th 2011, 02:13 PM

Have you talked to her about how you feel about that? Maybe she doesn't realize that you feel that way.

Sometimes people have a hard time showing their feelings, and from what I've seen, people who show destructive behavior, and have a hard time keeping relationships have a hard time showing feelings.

I would talk to her about how you feel. Let her know that you miss her, and that you care for her. Sometimes you have to give in order to receive. She probably is hurting too.

I'm sorry that you are going through this, and I hope that it gets better.
Feel free to PM me anytime, and take care.

I'll be praying for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
laurens14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mothers who make it hard... - January 15th 2011, 02:24 PM

Yes, we have tried to talk about her actions and how they affect me. She doesn't see how her behavior affects others around her either. She recently got married again to a man without even telling me. She called me on the phone and told me. I didnt even know his last name and they had only known each other for a few weeks. Now they just bought a house and are arguing. I never see her. She doesnt call or text. My younger brother lives with her and I never see him. He is so troubled from everything. He has ADHD and ADD and has taken meds since he was three. He has been suspended from school three times this year and just yesterday cussed out his teacher and got in school suspension. Im scared he will see her and think that its okay to behave the way she does. I am graduating a year early this year and she hasnt been involved in anything that I participate in. My grandma purchases everything that I need. The one time I told her how I felt she said that my dad and grandma could worry about taking care of me from now on.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Mothers who make it hard... - January 15th 2011, 10:20 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your mother. =( Have you ever tried to figure out why she's doing this to herself (and to you)? In my case, I still can't figure out why my mom does some of the self-destructive things she does... but I did find the root of some of her problems, which was a crappy relationship with her own mother. Your mother could have any number of reasons for choosing romantic relationships over her relationship with you... hopefully, you can either gain some insight as to why on your own, or by discussing this with other people (if your mother isn't willing to speak up, then perhaps your grandmother will).

Whatever happens, know that you are loved. <3 Your mother may not always show it, but I'm sure she has some positive feelings for you. Your grandmother is taking care of you, and you have friends who are willing to support you as well. =)

Closed Thread