TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
niki24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: wilson

losing friends - February 6th 2011, 03:38 AM

me and my friend just got out of a "relationship".. ever since then, my life had been spiraling out of control.. it was my call on ending the "relationship" but i just dont know.. i cant talk to him without fighting but i cant live without him.. plus, me and my other friends are so distant.. i dont know what is happening but i want it to stop..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: losing friends - February 6th 2011, 04:57 AM

Hello there,

You are experiencing the grief of losing an important person in your life, and that is completely natural. It's going to seem unbearable at first, especially if this person has had a noticeable influence on the current structure of your life. It's important to be patient with yourself, and recognize that there is going to be inner chaos for a little while - it's all part of the process, and if it was going to happen sooner or later anyway, always better sooner than later.

Trust your intuition, and your rationale behind letting him go in the first place. Decisions like these are never easy to make - and you made it for a reason. When doubt arises, keep that close to heart - you did what you did for a reason; because it is ultimately the right thing to do. No matter what you do, stay true to your original intentions - or else it would just be running in circles.

Changes always take time to adapt to - over time, you will adapt to a new life without that person - and everything is going to be okay. You will come out of this experience as a stronger, more independent person.

If you ever want someone to talk to, or a friend, feel free to PM me.

Hang in there!
Kaisada

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
Closed Thread