TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tristen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tristen

Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 03:19 PM

Hi im 4 ft 5 and 1/2 and I know that's rly short and I don't weigh much at all. I won't put my weight cus I don't want to trigger. I'm the smallest kid in my grade 4 sure but I'm not like a midget or anything.

My parents make me still ride a booster seat and I rly hate it. I'm 13 and im way to old 4 this. that's how i found teenhelp a couple months ago by searching on how to fix this. Summer break is now here and nothing has changed.

It's not like I can refuse. my parents treat me like a little kid. I tried saying no and not sitting in the seat if i do it again ill get a spanking. i'm not joking either. parents r nuts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeZara Offline
Zaraaa;D
Not a n00b

Name: Zaraa:)

Re: Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 03:26 PM

Explain to them that it makes you uncomfortable and that you'd like it if they didn't make you sit in the booster seat. There's not really alot you can do about it, because I do understand where you parents are coming from, they're trying to protect you, which is their job. But explain to them that they're being a bit over-protective..

Hope I helped.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Re: Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 04:32 PM

There are booster seat LAWS. You need to search the carseat/booster seat laws in your area. Look for age limits, height limits, and weight requirements for riding without the booster seat. You can also research your booster seat to see if you've outgrown it.
Some parents do booster until ALL requirements are met, and some stop using the booster seat early... Every parent is different, and makes the choices on how to keep their children safe in their vehicle.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tristen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 05:23 PM

1) it's 4 ft 9, 2) (edited) lbs, 3) 8 years old. i don't meet 1 and 2, but i'm older then 8. this is so dumb.

Last edited by SparklingWine; August 19th 2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: removing weight figures

(#5 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 06:11 PM

You're very close to the first one.. How tall are your parents?
You should try and talk to them about how you feel, ask for their reasons why they want you in the booster still, tell them your reasons why you want out of the booster..

I can understand it being annoying, you're 13 you want to feel like you're 13 not like your 7 or 8. But as a parent, I can also understand your parents reasons, they want you safe. I want my son safe in the car for as long as possible.. (not sure that means he'll be in a booster when he's 13 though) Some parents do go to the extreme with carseats and boosters...

Do they make you use a booster when you're in some one else's car?

My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tristen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 06:25 PM

my moms like 5' 2 and my dad is almost 6 feet I think. He's taller then her. I have tried talking to them they are like they want me to be safe and its 4 ur safety. all they talk about is safety and they act like i dont understand or something. i'm really thinking about not refusing. i jst dont think they r joking around.

and yes, like if we go with my grandma, my mom makes both me and my little brother have a booster seat. she puts them in her car.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 08:10 PM

Maybe one of them was in a bad accident? or knows of someone that was in a bad accident?

It does suck to be in a booster that long, if they wont listen, then just try and deal with it until you out grow it..
you can search for videos on the web about car accidents involving children who are not properly harnessed or in proper booster seats. It may give you a different perspective on the situation.

My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Tristen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Booster Seat - June 8th 2011, 08:32 PM

idk it rly does suck. im having a hard time dealing with it thats y im here. if i go somewhere this week with mom im jst going to refuse 2 sit in it. c what happens.

Closed Thread