TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Name: Melissa(:

Angry Fathers day.. - June 9th 2011, 05:44 PM

I honestly don't know what the hell to do anymore. My real dad left me when I was 6 months so I have no idea where he is.. I'm so used to not doing anything for father's day.. Just pretending it doesn't exist. But then, my mom decides to go ahead and get married to a man who hates me and has verbally abused me... Me and my mom never talk. I only live at this house so I'm not homeless. But every June on fathers day, I get in trouble (i get in trouble everyday but on fathers day I should get a day off atleast?!) for not getting him anything... I don't like him, and he doesn't like me.. So what the hell am I supposed to get him? I'm forced to call him my dad already, so sorry, I don't want to buy him SHIT. It's MY money that I earn from work, and I'm not gonna spend it on someone who calls me a bitch... What do I do?! Im tired of this dumb holiday..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Fathers day.. - June 9th 2011, 09:40 PM

Melissa,

I'm sorry that you're going through this. My suggestion is to do what you're already doing; nothing. If he doesn't act like a father to you, then you shouldn't feel like you have to treat him like one. Sure, your mom may be mad, but have you tried explaining why you don't do anything for him? I think this is something your mom and step dad are going to have to get over. Meaning, I don't think you should back down and get him something just because your mom is mad. Hopefully one day she sees it the way you see it. Maybe you can just give him a phone call on fathers day, and get it over with kind of thing. Another thing is, if you work hard for your money, then you get to decide how you spend it. :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Radzie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Radzie

Re: Fathers day.. - June 12th 2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoroso View Post
Melissa,

I'm sorry that you're going through this. My suggestion is to do what you're already doing; nothing. If he doesn't act like a father to you, then you shouldn't feel like you have to treat him like one. Sure, your mom may be mad, but have you tried explaining why you don't do anything for him? I think this is something your mom and step dad are going to have to get over. Meaning, I don't think you should back down and get him something just because your mom is mad. Hopefully one day she sees it the way you see it. Maybe you can just give him a phone call on fathers day, and get it over with kind of thing. Another thing is, if you work hard for your money, then you get to decide how you spend it. :]
I really agree with Melissa here. I am so sorry that you are going through this. if your dad is not treating you right, and is verbally abusing you, then you should not do anything about him father's day. it's really your hard earned money and you don't owe him anything, so just go around pretending like nothing's gonna happen on father's day and keep it normal. you don't have to do anything to please people who don't even treat you nice. take care

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: Fathers day.. - June 12th 2011, 02:22 PM

It's horrible you have to go through this and I also agree with what has been said. If you really have to do something you should make something. That way you do not have to spend your money but he will think you care, made gifts are always more appreciated because time is spent, but you could do something very quickly, and it will get you out of homework and trouble.
You should try and strengthen your relationship with your mum, I know it can be hard but it's always nice to have someone to talk to and it will make your life happier. You should tell her about the verbal abuse, that way she can help stop it and might understand more about why you don't like him. If you ever need help you can always talk to me I see you around here a lot which is great and you seem really cool Xxx

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
Closed Thread