TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julian

Is it too late, or do I still have a chance at this? - August 16th 2011, 07:04 PM

This takes a lot of explaining. If you want to know the story behind all this, read all the post. If you wanna know the question I have though, just skip to the end. The story helps I think though, but it's REALLY long.

Way back in November of 2010 I was in the midst of a crush of this girl who was 3 years older than me (Me being a freshman, she being a Junior, but age-wise it was 3 years). I had a couple notions as to if she'd even go for someone 3 years younger than me or not. For instance, I had dated a Junior before (she was only 1.5 years older than me) and we were sort of into the same things. She was gifted with beauty, a perfect singing voice (and normal voice, I guess?), and was just brilliant to me.
Well at the time, the school was doing a musical that we were both in. I was only a background character while she got one of the leads (I swear to this day she'll be on Broadway). Now this musical, I don't know if anyone's herd of it, was Seussical The Musical. Basically a musical with the theme of Dr.Seuss. Pretty freaking sweet really. In this musical though, there was this song that my crush was singing to the other male lead. The song basically was her wanting him to notice her because they'd be amazing. I found that extremely Ironic. I even got the idea that it'd be cute to transpose the song to guitar (which I play :3 ) and then play it to her to tell her that I like her. That plan backfired sadly, as I transposed it in an entirely different key that the song actually was and even then the chords were wrong. Not having a clue about this, I played it for her anyway and it was a fail. I won't go into it, but you can imagine it. (I actually after all the crush blew over re-transposed it and got it right.) So that kinda put me even lower.
Later, still during the musical, I wrote my first song ever. And of course, it was about her. I never really actually *told* her this until several months afterwards when the crush was gone, and she said she kinda guessed that and said nothing more about it. But she loved it. LOVED IT. Thought it was incredible.
My goal was to tell her at the end by the end of the musical that I liked her, because I wouldn't get much other of a chance to see her in person afterwards. Never got around to it at musical time. Literally 2 days after the musical, though, she Facebook-Chatted me and stuffs. (HUGE WIN FOR ME) The conversation went on and she mentioned that this guy she liked didn't go to the shows (HUGE LOSS FOR ME). I asked who it was. (STUPID QUESTION) She told me. Then she asked who I liked.

Shit went down. And it went down fast.

I tried to say nobody. She didn't believe me. I was scared shitless. Telling someone you like them over Facebook Chat is just wrong. Finally she guessed herself, and I gave in. Fail. Defeat. She was embarrassed, I was embarrassed, and we both just left it alone.
About a week later I got around to texting her asking if we were still cool with each other. She said we were fine and that I shouldn't be shy to talk to her more.

Too bad. Totally scared shitless to this day. I think since then and now, I've texted her once, and even then the conversation didn't last too long. It was a while ago too. :/

Since then, we have actually talked to each other sorta at school. Never one on one though, we had friends around with us and we were just both part of the conversation. Facebook comments, and really nothing much else. She's even suggested music for me (Sara Bareilles...freaking fantastic btw).

But somehow after all this happened, I still feel....something. It's literally been 9 months since the crush happened and I just can't shake the last of it off. I don't have feelings for her like that anymore, but she's still this amazing person that I never really talk to and I wish I do. The things holding me back is that recently, since it's been summer for 3 months or so now, we've BARELY talked. At all. Like, 3 or 4 facebook comment stuffs and that's IT. We did hang with a group of friends, but even then I was a little awkward around her. So I have no idea what to do.

HERE IS MY QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T READ ALL OF THAT!

I want to get talking with her again and, maybe, become really good friends, but I don't have a clue if she even wants to talk with me. Worst case scenario - she talks with me anyway just to humor me. She isn't that mean. But still, I don't want her to just humor me, and I can't tell if she does that or not. I remember all this shit that's happened, and it almost haunts me. So much that it's sometimes hard to look at her profile pic in the chat-side-bar thing on the side. Am I just being stupid? Am I making drama out of nothing? What should I do?
Advice = YES PLEASE!

Thanks!

Let nothing pass, for every hand
Must find some work to do,
Lose not a chance to waken loveŚ
Be firm and just and true.
So shall a light that cannot fade
Beam on thee from on high,
And angel voices say to theeŚ
"These things shall never die."

~ Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

August 16th 2011, 07:42 PM

this is not stupid! you are not making a big deal out of nothing! i know how you feel. i told a guy that i like him and to make it short i felt really embarrassed. but you are not being stupid, its ok to still have feelings for her.

my advice is to talk to her, get comfortable with being around her again. if its easier to just be friends you will both find out. don't give up on her or yourself.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

Last edited by PSY; August 16th 2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is it too late, or do I still have a chance at this? - August 16th 2011, 08:12 PM

I Don't Have Feelings For Her. No Crush for her what so ever. - I wanna make that perfectly crystal clear.

But another question - if I were to just start talking to her again, how do I do it without being too awkward. It'd almost be weird to start up a conversation with her just randomly, wouldn't it? For the time that we haven't talked to each other one on one, I'd be weirded out a little..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Is it too late, or do I still have a chance at this? - August 16th 2011, 08:21 PM

well ok, but if you still want to be friends with her you need to be able to tell her that. i had a friend in 5th grade that i lost touch with and friended her on facebook. i texted her the other day a simple "hey". we have talked since then without it feeling awkward. it was the same with a friend that i had dated and still have a crush on, we talk all the time now and it started with a simple "hey whats up?" if you don't feel comfortable starting this way with her, i don't know what else you could do at this moment.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is it too late, or do I still have a chance at this? - August 16th 2011, 09:56 PM

Crap, you're probably right...Magic isn't gonna happen and suddenly she'll be all interested in you. You gotta start things up somehow. Easier said then done though....

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Is it too late, or do I still have a chance at this? - August 25th 2011, 12:18 AM

i know, i'm starting to have strong feelings for the friend i talk to all the time. it's sad to think that he has a girlfriend and i will never be his. but good luck with that girl i hope everything turns out ok!

Closed Thread