TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lizzie

Misunderstanding. - October 1st 2011, 03:19 AM

Hey guys. I haven't been on here in a while. And as much as I wish that this was a happy hello, it's not. I'm worse than I was the last time I posted something. I don't really want to get into all my problems or my SI or anything right now. But I have a serious problem with my social skills and I need some advice.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to do the right thing and I've been nice, caring, and gentle. I always want to help out my friends and I put them before me always. If a friend needs my help, I'm the person they can count on to be there no matter what. Even if I'm pissed at them.

But, for a year now I've come off to others as a bitch. And I don't know how. I listen to my friends' problems. I've been walking on eggshells around everyone, including my family, trying not to upset anyone. A year ago I lost all of my friends. Every single one of them. So, since then I've been trying my hardest to keep everything drama free and everyone else happy. I've been putting my happiness on hold.

And at the beginning of this semester, I started making friends. My life was going great. The best it had been in a long time. Then I started to slowly lose my friends. I was wondering what was wrong. What was I doing now? From what I could tell, I was trying to be fun and friendly and happy. I did get into that annoying habit were I post depressing statuses. I only do that because I don't have anyone to talk to, and if I did have someone to talk to, I wouldn't. I've lost most of my friends from talking about my problems too much. (and yes, I go to a therapist)

A few days ago, my 'best friend' told me I was bitch. Not in those exact words, but selfish and depressing (and rude) kind of sum up "bitch." She then told me that this guy I liked and she is friends with said he hates talking to me and doesn't like me at all. Then this guy I'm friends with on facebook (and to my knowledge have never seen in person) told her I was selfish and depressing. She said that she started the conversation about me.

I really don't mean to be selfish or a bitch. Most of the time I think I'm doing the right thing, but it's never good enough for anyone. Even my mom thinks I'm bitch. There's no getting away from this pain. I'm not sure of what exactly I'm looking for... just any kind of advice would help. Thanks <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Misunderstanding. - October 2nd 2011, 01:08 AM

Honestly these don't sound like very good friends. You have been very kind to them from what you said, and since you are there for them and they can talk to you about their problems they should act the same towards you. You can't help feeling depressed, and as your friends they should be there for you and allow you to rant to them without complaining. I'm glad to hear you are in therapy and I hope it is helping you out!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
warnner-lain Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Misunderstanding. - October 4th 2011, 11:39 AM

Hi..............
I agreed with Nicole.I like her thinking so much.I appreciate you dear.
Keep it up.Topic also great.
Thanks for sharing.

Closed Thread