TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2fast4you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Wrestling myself - Social Outcast or not? - December 26th 2011, 06:53 PM

This seemed like the most logical place to put it as well.
So I have been wrestling myself with this question for about 2 weeks now. Am I a social outcast?
Lets start with myself,
I am in grade 11, 17yrs old. I am generally shy around people and extremely reserved. I don't really show most of my interests (Space, writing, movies, ect.) because I have been called an idiot for doing so. I show them to a few people, Some girl who started talking to me (Which I have no idea why, or what I did, just kinda happened.) and my one friend (Since 4th grade). I keep to myself about most opinionated things even though I can argue my opinion well except with friends. I find school not boring or exciting, more or less something to do during the day. Grades I don't particularly care what I get or what happens, I just go with the flow. I am generally laid back and care-free as well when I am with people I know.

I seem to change my personality with the situation. In school I am quiet, at home I am quiet. With friend I am opinionated, and with adults I can hold a conversation pretty easy. I am not depressed in the slightest.

Socially with people, I am extremely quiet. I don't like big groups of people or anything of that sort. I'm not into drugs, but I have tried them. Parties and social gatherings do NOT interest me in the slightest(Maybe I'm weird because I don't like parties). I drink from time to time, but rarely and not with people. I want people to like me for who I am and nothing else. I can make friend with people fairly easily, but not like most. (EX: I was talking to this girl in my Chemistry class, and we seemed to be getting along pretty good. I just kinda went with the flow and listened, occasionally teasing her and what not. I love to joke around with people. It was with a group of like 4 or 5 people. I was gonna ask her for her number, but the bell rang so she left and I will get it when we go back to school or something.)

Things I am interested in are video editing, computers, woodworking, motorcycles, gaming, music, ect. I know how to edit videos well and do it as a hobby. I bought many capturing devices to do this as well, like a dazzle and an HD PVR since I am also into gaming. I don't game nearly as much as I used to, but I do it occasionally. Woodworking I just enjoy, I love building things. Motorcycles have been a part of my life since I was born. I know how to build a bike from a frame and an engine and customize it. I also collect knives and flip them (Balisongs).

As for TV, I don't watch tv that much. I normally just use netflix or my computer to watch what I want, but if I have to, I like to watch south park and family guy. Animes of sorts like DBZ and Gundam (Childhood memories maybe?)

I love movies, and horror movies are my favorite, I am a movie critic and love questioning them. Like how does the plot move, what plot holes are there, and how do those plot fix themselves? How does the character evolve and how does the situation get resolved. How does it work out? Basic questions.

At home I generally am quiet, and stay in my room because I don't want to deal with drama.

With the friends I have, I can become opinionated if it's something I really am interested in. and with adults I normally can keep a conversation going if I want to. The parties I've been invited to are generally with huge stoners and a lot of drinking, most my friends are complete stoners as well. I have tried drugs with them, but wasn't into it. Didn't impress me enough to continue doing them. Drinking on the other hand, I do. I don't do it a lot, but I do drink. I drink whiskey and thats about it, and I never have gotten full out drunk.

So am I a social outcast? or something else?

I don't know why I don't like parties or big groups of people but I don't.

I also like to stick around my own home or small groups. and I don't care what people think about me, if they think about me at all.

Last edited by 2fast4you; December 26th 2011 at 07:02 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Wrestling myself - Social Outcast or not? - December 28th 2011, 10:42 PM

"Social outcast" is just a stupid and abstract term.

I would say you simply have a quiet and modest personality. To some you may be percieved as an "outcast", but then again they're probably larger-than life loud personalities.

I personally I don't see an issue with it, but someone else might. All that matters is how happy YOU are with yourself. You won't always live with your peers, but you will always live with yourself.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread