TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Your opinion please, on the girl code. - December 30th 2011, 06:15 PM

If two best friends like the same guy, and the guy likes only one of them back, should neither have him?

Take A Sad Song and Make It Better (8)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
theawesomeman Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jacob

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - December 30th 2011, 10:36 PM

Ok, this is coming from a guy so it might be different from what a girl would say. I think that if that happend then the girl who the guy liked should go out with him, no matter whether her friend likes him or not. Here's why.

Guy likes girl + Girl likes guy = They should go out no matter what.
Guy dosen't like girl + Girl likes guy = They don't go out.

It dosen't matter that your friend also likes him. As long as she realizes before you and him go out, that he dosen't like her. Just let her understand that he does not like her. I hope this helps you and her.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - December 31st 2011, 02:01 AM

I disagree with, Jacob.

Girl code is often like Boy code. In each of these 'codes' are unwritten rules which usually include bros before hoes - which is the most famous one with the boy code.

If she is a good friend, then you will never go out with that guy just out of respect for the other person. You will date many boys (or girls) and they will come into your life and they will leave your life - but if you have a good friend, you never throw that away just for a most likely temporary situation. In both unwritten code books - its wrong and shouldn't be done to any real friend.

So to answer your question, yes they both should move on to a different guy and not get involved with that guy. Best friends are always number one!

(Please note: this is how most code rules of both the girls and boys code book is - this doesn't necessarily reflect how I feel about this situation).

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - December 31st 2011, 02:36 AM

I agree with Chris. Both should just move on to someone else, otherwise the entire friendship is in jeopardy. Unless the girl that isn't liked by the boy is honestly okay with it. Though that could be awkward.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - January 1st 2012, 10:45 AM

In my mind, if George and Bob both like Jessica but Jessica only likes George as a boyfriend and date, then I see no problem with it. Bob is irrelevant in terms of that particular relationship but can still be friends with George. If Bob were to suggest that George leaves Jessica because she doesn't like both of them, then Bob is sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. In my mind, the George-Jessica and George-Bob relationships are not mutually exclusive and if Bob cannot understand that, then I say it's his problem and his view should have no bearing whatsoever for George and Jessica. In my view, if Bob is upset over it, George could give him some money, tell him to buy some booze or other drugs and be happy.

This is similar to the "code" that if Jessica and George break up, Bob should have to wait until George is "healed" before dating Jessica. To me that's nonsense because the only relevant people are Bob pursuing Jessica. If George doesn't like it or feels jealous, tough like. In my view, Bob could give him some money, tell him to go to a strip club and get a lapdance.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - January 1st 2012, 02:26 PM

The girl the guy likes should talk to the other girl about it before agreeing or not to date the guy. Or at least, that's what i'd do :P

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - January 1st 2012, 02:35 PM

I agree with Jessy. I think it depends on how the other friend feels about you dating the guy. If she is okay with it go right ahead. If it is going to ruin your friendship, think twice about who is more important. To me, it all depends on the other person's opinion rather then who likes who.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - January 2nd 2012, 01:27 AM

I agree with Jessy as well. It's probably a good idea and sit down and talk with your friend first to see if she would be okay with it first. If your friend wouldn't be okay with it, then don't go out with him because friends are definitely more important.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - January 2nd 2012, 11:05 AM

i think neither should date him. one should always place friends 1st (hence, the girl code). but that's just my opinion. x

(#10 (permalink)) Old
JollyRancher. Offline
Princess of the Unicorns
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Daisy or Dacashe

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - January 2nd 2012, 01:45 PM

In my opinion, friendship is more important than dating. Think about all the great times the two friends had, would they really want to lose that friendship? I also think that the friends should talk it out and decide between each other what is wrong and right

(#11 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

Re: Your opinion please, on the girl code. - January 2nd 2012, 11:45 PM

Umm... the guy is not an item or a pet!
Nor is this a child custody case!
Let the guy go out with who he wants to go out with (:
  Send a message via Skype™ to msfsteven 
Closed Thread