TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
laceyjoanna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lacey Joanna

Friends or foes? - February 18th 2012, 02:21 AM

I've had so many experiences with these fake "friends".
My "friend" that i've known since pre-k have always hung out. Well, we are in 9th grade now. She only calls me too brag or wanting help with her feelings. But, honestly she doesn't help me when i need it. she expects me too be there for her when she calls and she always calls me complaining about her not having a boyfriend and i do. she says no one likes her and she'll be single forever, and i tell her to wait shes only a freshmen that there's plenty of fish in the sea that it takes time. I think she does it for attention, but im getting tired of everything being about her. But, she likes to go and tell people that i mean to her and im a bitch. I try to not talk to her. but, she doesn't have any friends but me and another girl. so i feel bad for her, but i shouldnt have to deal with her doing what she does. she gets mad over everything, but she cant say it to my face when she gets mad and says stuff about me.
i dont know what to do, cuz she gets her mom on me all the time when i say something to her, but she doesnt tell her mom the whole story either..

should i say anything or how should i handle this problem?
she wont just leave me alone, ive already tried that.**

Lacey Joanna.
  Send a message via MSN to laceyjoanna Send a message via Skype™ to laceyjoanna 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: Friends or foes? - February 18th 2012, 03:42 AM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through some frustrations with how to deal with a "friend" who is really not there for you. I know from personal experience what it's like to not want to leave the friendship because you feel bad for someone. But the thing is, true friends don't just call you to complain about their own life and then call you names behind your back to other people. That's not a friend, that's an enemy. It seems like you already have that part figured out and you just want to know how to get her to stay away from you. If I were you, I think you might want to end the friendship. Maybe taking some time to talk to her and let her know that you just don't think the friendship is really working, and it's best for you both to go your own ways. I know you feel bad for her, but sometimes it's better to work on ourselves and get our own friendships instead of just allowing this toxic friendship to continue. I think that maybe if you do decide to end this friendship, this would be better for both of you in the long run as well. I also want to mention that I think it's great that you have such a heart for people that you want to help her and be a friend to her. That's such a kind hearted thing to do. Feel proud of yourself. But do keep in mind that she's not a true friend. You deserve a friend who would be there for you too, not just a one sided friendship. Good luck, if you ever want to talk, PM me.

~ Jelli1224

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

Closed Thread