TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Unhappy What Should I Do? - February 22nd 2012, 06:44 PM

Everything is beginning to get on top of me I have been struggling with self harm for the last 4 years and I have stopped for I guess a few months now

My family is so frustrating my mum is with a guy that has a bad reputation he has five kids and he moans at everything, he can be a nice person but he can also be a horrible person that just wants to pick arguments.

When I'm at my dads he moans about how my sister doesn't do anything and shit it's aggravating I don't go to his to her moans about my sister! I can understand where he's coming from but I don't want hear it all the time.

My sister and her boyfriend seem soo in love but when they argue it's goes over board he out of spite says that she doesn't love him she doesn't understand that he's playing mind games with her I have to hear her cry and moan and she still goes back to him every time it's stupid!

My best friend is also frustrating me, she has a boyfriend that she talks to me about when she has problems. My thing is that I don't like him but as her friend I know I don't have a proper place of saying something it's her choice on who she likes not mine but when she tells me that she's scared he's going to hit her when he gets angry in my mine I wanted to just to tell her just to leave him but I knew I couldn't so I told her to talk to him about it and did but she still feels uncomfortable when he's angry.

I also saw him a few days ago riding on a life with his brother when i was out with a friend he went up and down in this lift 4 time and because I don't like him I asked my friend about it and he told me that he was at home. I told her I saw him and she kept telling me that is must have been a look alike, but I know full well it was him and that he was with his brother as when I got it I checked to see of it was his brother and it was. She ended up taking it as a joke and said there must be two of him.

This really upset me she's supposed to be my best friend and now I feel like just a lean on when he's busy if that makes sense? I'm not in anyway upset that they spend time together and I'm really happy for her but I don't like him iv never liked him...

I just want some advice I guess about how to handle it and what to do about it.....

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cloud11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What Should I Do? - February 23rd 2012, 12:44 AM

Ok first thing first, when someone complains to you none stop I find it good to do one of two things 1) tune them out and start thinking about other things like want to make to eat, or some t.v show 2) For every complaint they make give one back form your life, because they will start trying to avoid complaining incase you start.

Two your sister and her boyfriend...... Well I have to say make sure she knows that it's not normal to get hit, and he might start progessing further on so she should get out now. But if she is really being hard headed, then try to find a anti violence against women meeting or presentation ( trick her if need be, tell her it for something else to get her to go). It will most likey wake her up.

For your friend, start taking pictures with your cell or other things, when you see her boyfriend not where he said he would be. Trust me you are her best friend, but right now she is trying to blind herself about him. However with a picture it is going to be realllly hard for her to talk him out of that one. Just make sure you causally slip in that you saw her boyfriend, and ask her do you want to see the picture?

Hope this helps

Closed Thread