TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

My little sister - January 10th 2009, 10:34 PM

My best friend that I have know since she was 2 and we tall everyone we are sisters because well we practicaly are.
Anyways we were talking today about how shes in love with her bestfriend she thinks...but she doesnt think she can tell him. Anyways some how we got on the subject how she hs friends who cut(including me well used to) and then she came out with that she cut herself once(more scratched with her finger nail) and she said she only did it once but then I found out she cut friday. And she still puts holes in her wall when she gets mad.
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
I hate how so many people I know have started cutting. I feel like I am to blame forher starting to cut. Because im older she found out about me cutting and she saw me when I was cutting and how depressed I was and how I faked being happy. I feel like in some way I tuaght her how to cut.
And it just hurts me really badly to know she caughts and scared that she will end up as bad as I did and just ugh
I HATE THIS
I hate myself right now
and I have no clue what to do.
i told her to tell me when she wants to cut, and if she cut, and if she started cutting with something beside her nails

Im just so overprotective when it comes to this subject
FUCk it makes me want o cut again:[

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: EV

Re: My little sister - January 11th 2009, 12:16 AM

Hey Frankie,

It's NOT your fault she cuts. DO NOT blame yourself. It's good that you recognize that you have an influence on your friend, but don't turn that into something bad! She cuts for a whole bunch of reasons. Some of them might have to do with you, but remember: it takes two to tango. It's HER REACTION to the things that are going on in her life, not the things themselves that cause her to cut.

Since you used to SH yourself, I don't need to tell you how important it is to find alternatives this time around. Check out the sticky in this forum. It's full of great ideas. Try to turn those feelings into art, or bake a cake and eat it with your family and friends (your best friend could probably use some cake, eh?). There are other ways you can deal with what's going on and you can ALWAYS send me a PM to talk more about that.

You know how some people have "workout buddies" who they go to the gym with? They motivate each other and get fit together. Well, you and your friend can be "SH-free" buddies. You can be there for each other when you feel like cutting. Have an open-door policy about it. "Any time you feel like cutting, you come talk to me. Even if it's 2:00AM. Call my cell or throw rocks at my window and we'll get each other through this." Involving a school counsellor might help, too. Most major cities also have some kind of free mental health care. Embarassing as it is to pick pamphlets up from the guidance office at school, there are probably pamphlets there that'll direct you to a mental health clinic or help and advice line. They're really worth checking out.

Don't blame yourself. It doesn't help your friend and it definitely doesn't help you.
You can both get healthy again. PM me if you ever wanna talk.
--Evee

--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band

Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: My little sister - January 11th 2009, 01:48 PM

Thank you but she live like 2hours away. I just dont feel like telling my grandma right now because she has only done it twice and there no marks. I promiced I wouldnt tell my grandma. But what she doesnt know is if she starts using something else like blades and she leaves marks I am going to tell because I dont want her to get as bad I was. i was cutting everyday for the littlest things. As much as i want to tell my grandma I cant

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread