TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heyhaley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My whole family smokes pot... except me. - March 15th 2012, 04:49 AM

My family is made up of my single mom, my younger twin sisters, and me. The three of them all smoke pot and are typical potheads, although they'll never admit it. My mom discovered that my younger sisters smoked pot about two and a half years ago and eventually gave in and not only let's them smoke wherever they want to in my house, she smokes with them and provides them with it too.

I've been dealing with it pretty well for a long time now. I've dealt with the endless kids my sisters have brought home and the foggy atmosphere in my house. I've dealt with people at my school thinking I smoke too because I almost always smell like it. Recently though it has really been getting down on me... My mom has eased up on her "rule" that my sisters can't smoke during the school week, and even when they do and get caught they don't get into trouble. Weekends they all sit down to smoke every few hours and my sisters bring in other random stoners to mooch off of my mom. Something else new that my sisters have been starting to say is that I shouldn't come on mini vacations with them anymore, like to the beach or to the zoo, because I won't smoke and I get upset when they do in the car. My mom won't even disagree with them. They are actually starting to tell me I'm not fun to be around because I won't smoke.

I really don't know how to handle this all anymore. My mom is the stubborn type and finds it extremely hard to admit she's wrong or to accept other points of view. Because of this, I don't feel like I can talk to her about how badly it makes me feel to be an outsider in my own home. Talking to my sisters is worthless because they just get loud and defensive when you disagree with them. I've been feeling much, much more depressed within the past few months because my home feels less like a home and more like a smoke house I am forced to stay in.

I just was hoping that maybe I could find some advice with how to deal with this... or maybe even a way to get them to stop or at least not do it so much. I'm so tired of my family being stoned stupid. I'm so tired of having to ask my mom things over and over just because she can't remember what I've said. They're all so unreliable now... I don't feel like I have anyone to turn to or anyone to actually help me in other ways than just telling me it'll get better in time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FuturesEnd45 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My whole family smokes pot... except me. - March 15th 2012, 11:06 PM

Im proud of you that you dont smoke and stay true to yourself even with family pressue it already shows your more mature than them. I think you should stay out ad much as you can, spend time at a friends house or anoter family memer, the library, get a job if your of age. If they make fun of you or pit you down for not smoking shrug it of dont let them know it bothers you because they do it cause they want to break you down and have you give in to the pot too. I bet they wish they had more to life than pot. Fufil yourself and do things away from them theyll realize how stupid they are acting.
  Send a message via AIM to FuturesEnd45  
Closed Thread