TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

My old neighbour :( - July 18th 2013, 09:38 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Yesterday I found out my old neighbour who I was really close to when I used to live in my old village died. He was 95 so at least he had a good and long fulfilling life. He has been dead three month but nobody who I knew in the village had the decency to tell me that he had died, not even my Aunty who practically lives round the corner from him. I lived next door to them for 17 year so I am taking it pretty hard. I just wish someone had told me when he had actually died. I miss him, we always used to talk in each other's houses and such. Well R.I.P George, I will always miss you
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 18th 2013, 01:27 PM

I'm so sorry to hear. It's hard losing someone you've known for so long but at least he died at an old age. It must've been frustrating not knowing till 3 month later. I had a similar experience so I know how it feels RIP to George

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 18th 2013, 05:21 PM

He lived a long life, he wouldn't want you to be sad and upset over his death. Remember the times you had. I'm sorry no one told you, and now that you know you can grieve. It will get easier.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 19th 2013, 08:05 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy losing somebody, especially a close friend. He seemed to have had a good and very fulfilled life which not everyone is fortunate to have.

Try to look back, & re-live those memories/good times you had with him. They will always be there in rough times.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 21st 2013, 03:49 AM

I'm sorry that nobody told you about his passing, but you're right that he did have a fulfilling life, especially since he had you in it! Let those good times keep you going because even though it's sad to see him go, I bet he'd want to see you smiling more than anything else. Not to mention, sometimes it can help a lot to laugh and smile about some of the memories you have rather than think of the sad times. I know that's what's helping me with my recent loss.

Stay strong!

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 21st 2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmic View Post
I'm sorry that nobody told you about his passing, but you're right that he did have a fulfilling life, especially since he had you in it! Let those good times keep you going because even though it's sad to see him go, I bet he'd want to see you smiling more than anything else. Not to mention, sometimes it can help a lot to laugh and smile about some of the memories you have rather than think of the sad times. I know that's what's helping me with my recent loss.

Stay strong!
Thanks Dez, yes I am remebering all of the good times. I lived next door to him for a very long time so I have plenty to remember, even if some of them were just standing talking to him over our garden fences. We had some really good times, some bad but that was just part of me growing up.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 21st 2013, 06:49 PM

How are you handling all of it now? Any better?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 23rd 2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lygophobia.♥. View Post
How are you handling all of it now? Any better?
I am getting a little better, its still pretty hard at the moment, I never got to say a proper goodbye to him, didn't get a chance to go to his funeral with me not knowing that he had died.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 23rd 2013, 05:58 PM

Have you thought about maybe putting a little note in a balloon and letting it fly into the sky? We had done tons when a friend of mine died.

It will get easier day by day, keep your head up High (:

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 24th 2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lygophobia.♥. View Post
Have you thought about maybe putting a little note in a balloon and letting it fly into the sky? We had done tons when a friend of mine died.

It will get easier day by day, keep your head up High (:
I will do the balloon suggestion And yes I will keep my head up high. It's what he would have wanted, for me to be happy even though he is gone.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: My old neighbour :( - July 25th 2013, 01:28 PM

That sounds awesome, have fun with it. I agree that's what most people would want, for everyone to be happy even if there gone. Its because they don't like seeing people upset for any reason.

Closed Thread