TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kelsey

Unhappy Shooting. 8 dead. - August 8th 2011, 03:57 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

An awful thing has happened today in my town... There was apparently an argument and a gunman shot 8 people. 7 are dead. There's not a lot of information out yet, but it's going around that a 17 year old girl at my school died along with an 11 and 13 year old. I cannot even begin to comprehend this... Something so horrible to innocent, young people. 7 beautiful lives were taken for no reason.

This all seems so unreal. I dont know what to do. I dont know how to cope. The only way I know how to cope is harmful to myself... Theres going to be a memorial service at school tomorrow night... I dont know how i will handle going and being around everyone crying and mourning. Im so incredibly sad and still in shock... I cant believe this happened in my own community... Where do i even begin to hande this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Reece (: Offline
ima' newbie (:
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Reece

Re: Shooting. 8 dead. - August 8th 2011, 04:44 AM

well, 1st, don't ever self harm. it makes it even worse
2nd. speak with family; teachers?
surly they will help you out, you need to speak to someone that understands you personally, people that know how you react. your best bet is to speak to a teacher or a family member.

sorry about the looses of them poor souls.
goodluck.

p.s That's all the "help" I can give.
Hopefully others will be better at explaining then me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Katie

Re: Shooting. 8 dead. - August 8th 2011, 04:59 AM

Reece is right, this was somewhat close to me too, and now it's apparently national news, not helping... There is no 'right' way to deal with grief, we all experience it differently, but harming yourself won't help. Your feelings are ok and normal no matter what they are, but hurting yourself will only add to your problems. You'll need to talk to people when you're ready, or find another, healthier way to process this. You aren't alone though, everyone is dealing with it and it's tough.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012
Associate LHO October 13, 2012

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Average Joe

Re: Shooting. 8 dead. - August 8th 2011, 02:26 PM

It's been confirmed that two high school girls were killed... Friends of many of my friends. Everyone is having such a hard time right now. Im just so in shock. I dont know what to think. I dont want to do. Im so lost... All this, in my little community...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child&Youth Care Student
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Shooting. 8 dead. - August 8th 2011, 03:21 PM

I think it would be helpful for you to maybe find a way to remember the kids who you knew. Make something for the memorial service to lay down, or get some flowers to lay at the memorial site or something. Write letters of condolence or get sympathy cards for the families...those don't ever seem to help but it means a lot to a family to recieve those kinds of things from the community when things like this happen.

I love you and am thinking of you always <3

Jen

Proud Mama of 2 Adopted Dogs
Koda- Shepherd/Malamute
Penny- Lab/Redbone Coon Hound

Send a message via MSN to Arcenciel  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Average Joe

Re: Shooting. 8 dead. - August 13th 2011, 02:54 PM

It's been a really rough couple of days... I went to the calling hours/wake and it was so hard. I cried a lot, which is something I'm not used to... I think i just feel so numb. I dont want to move or breathe. Just lay here. I dont really know what else to do...

Closed Thread