TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Alana M. F.

Angry Help me!! :( - May 2nd 2012, 11:46 AM

So uhh here's the deal, I'm an 11 (and 3 quarter) year old girl and... I have anger issues and uncontrollable violence. If the bullyings not too bad I can hold myself back but at school, these kids are just making me too angry. I'm getting into fights at school and I'm afraid I might be hurting them too much... I bruised Fletcher and made him fall over in pain... Twice. And I kicked Finn in the shin so hard he was limping for a short while. I think I'm becoming a bully. I've been bullied for as long as I can remember (and I have a good memory) and when I was little I'd cry, now I just hold it in and sometimes vent to my friends (which doesn't help cuz it makes me feel like a dramaqueen). But it's getting to the point where I am just overcome with anger and I just wanna beat the sh*t outta something. My anger is getting so bad that I'm getting migraimes and I'm really starting to hurt people. I just wanna kill something help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Re: Help me!! :( - May 2nd 2012, 12:45 PM

I can empathise with how difficult it is in school, especially when you're being bullied or picked on. In the past, it has made me incredibly angry too, and I felt that the only way to get those people off my back was to display a fearsome attitude toward them.

However, I think it may be a better idea, whilst you stand your ground non-physically, to get support from your school chaplain or counsellor, even a close teacher you feel you're able to trust. They may be able to put a halt to things, and your doctor could refer you for some sort of proper therapy to help control your anger, whether it's justified (as in this situation, with bullying) or stems from other things.

Writing things down, or drawing/painting, can also be a useful outlet by which to vent your frustration and feelings of aggression.

A practical skill for anger, a coping mechanism, could be to keep a tiny bit of chilli powder in your mouth for a minute, or hold something like an ice-cube in your palm/dip your face into freezing water in a basin for 15-30 seconds, to re-route and calm your body's natural anger impulses. Of course, not if you're allergic to chilli powder.

You're not alone, and we're here to support you.

Michy.

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  Send a message via MSN to Michy_Blackrose  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Help me!! :( - May 3rd 2012, 07:40 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're being bullied, it's a tough thing to deal with and is a horrible thing to be put through. I know you get frustrated, angry and upset because of what they're saying and doing to you but violence is never the answer to solve it. These bullies often look for retaliation and when you hurt them they're getting what they want; for you to fight back. At some point they may try and get you into trouble because you're hurting them and I'm sure you don't want that.

I can understand that what these people are doing to you is horrible because bullying is an awful thing, but there are alternative ways to solve it other than violence:

When they say something to you or approach you, just walk away. Ignore them and walk away. I'd also suggest talking to a teacher at school and getting the bullies sorted because you don't deserve to be bullied; especially not at school where it should be a safe environment. It may be helpful to talk to a teacher you trust or maybe your head of year or head teacher/principal. If nothing is done, then I'd recommend getting your parents involved and into your school so they can talk to your head teacher/principal to ensure the bullying gets sorted. If you need to talk to somebody about what has been happening to you, I'd suggest going for a chat with your school counsellor. They are trained to listen and to support you and may also be able to offer some advice on how to deal with the bullying.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kkillian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me!! :( - May 3rd 2012, 11:49 PM

This is freaky. I am 11 3/4. I am also being bullied. I had thought of suicide. Idk id you are christian, but god clearly states that commiting suicide is the most selfish act a person could do.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Help me!! :( - May 4th 2012, 10:48 PM

I don't usually bring age into these things, but to feel this kind of rage as early as 11 is kind of unusual. You must have been through quite a lot already that makes you like this. I'd suggest you see some counsellor or psychologist to keep these anger issues you have in check, or you will probably end up doing some things you will really regret. I've been there so take my word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkillian View Post
This is freaky. I am 11 3/4. I am also being bullied. I had thought of suicide. Idk id you are christian, but god clearly states that commiting suicide is the most selfish act a person could do.
I'd imagine it doesn't feel selfish when you don't think that anyone will give a shit.

If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.

Closed Thread