TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Question its getting worse.. - February 4th 2013, 10:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, so I started getting bullied really badly at the end of grade 8, it got a bit calmer and took a bit of a break last year ( the last 3 months weren't as bad). But now it's started again..

I'm getting told to go kill myself, and getting called a slut,ugly and stupid online.
Theres more those are just the things happening within the last few days ( my first week of grade 11.

The school absolutely will NOT do anything about it. Neither will the district or police.
It's more then one person doing it too
I became really depressed in grade 9 and started cutting, I got the help I needed up until this year.
and now I have no one.
I feel alone.
Trapped.
and Hopeless.
I'm currently debating whether to kill myself or ask a teacher that i use to confide in alot of help :/
I don't know what to do.
I think I had my first actual anxiety attack last night.
and another one today at school while one girl was harassing me :/

~ Words scar, Rumors destroy and bullies kill ~
~ I'm just another nobody.
~ You can't tell how much suffering is on a face that's always smiling </3
~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.
Warm me up and breathe me.

❤❤❤
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe to me on Youtube <3 http://www.youtube.com/user/xJustAnotherNobodyx1
Or follow me on DeviantArt
http://lostinfragility.deviantart.com/
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: its getting worse.. - February 4th 2013, 08:06 PM

Hey there.

Is there any possibility you can go and still get that help now?
I know being bullied is terrible and it gets even worse online, take it from someone that went through it from grade three and still on going. It will stop, and sometimes telling someone is not going to get it to stop. I know when telling people it gets a little worse.

I found that just talking to someone helped, I like you got really depressed, and have really bad social anxiety and a bunch of other things now that I didn't before then. Getting the help and talking to someone, even anti depressants help me.

I am not on them now, and it gets worse more and more, but I do know that whatever those people are saying is not true. They say it to make themselves better; they say it because you react to it. When I was being bullied in the lower grades all the teachers I tried to tell, and the principal would say oh they just like you they pick on you because they like you, and that was not true at all.

You have to keep your head high, stick with that one friend that cares, and we all have that one person. If you react I know it gets worse, so if you just walk away, and not react of say anything about it to them it gets a little easier, it shows them you don't care and it doesn't affect you. I know for some people that it just stops after they do that. Some it doesn't. If that doesn't work keep trying to talk to someone that could help. They might not do anything now, but if you give it time and go and report it again, and again they can not just ignore it. They can ignore it once or twice but they can't if you keep reporting it. If it doesn't help, get a parent to step in.

I really hope it stops and everything gets better. Just remember you have people here that care about you. Family and friends, we are considered your friends and family. : )

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: its getting worse.. - February 6th 2013, 04:23 PM

I truly feel for you. I realize its a rough time, BUT the good news is this IS NOT the end. Try to believe that. Bullies put you down because they need to feel better about themselves. They are the insecure ones, not you!

I want to share one of my blog posts that I did which I believe relates to your situation:

"They'll think this, they'll think that"

They will always think. They will never stop thinking. They will always exist and They will never go away. Since They are always a constant in a life of variables, we must attempt to be content with constants, the uncontrollable's; the They's.

You know when you repeat a word enough it becomes strange? "They" seems like such a weird word right now. Anyways...

What I am getting at is this: FORGET (replace with another F word is need be) what others think of you. The truth is, most of the time they aren't even thinking of you! People are absorbed in themselves and a majority of the time the "I" comes first. Even if YOU think about other people a lot, it does not mean that they are doing the same. So, here is a good tip to eliminate the pattern of worrying about what others are thinking in general.

Next time you find yourself worried about what others will think of you in any given situation, repeat this:

"What they are thinking is none of my business"

Simple, right? Saying this sentence will enforce a boundary between their thoughts and yours. When you realize something is none of your business, you tend to steer clear, especially when you are putting this boundary on yourself. Try it and practice.

So, who are they? You may think you know, but nobody really does. They do their thing, we do ours. Plus, the only one we really know is ourselves and that is what we have complete control over

BIG PICTURE: I am on this earth for what, 70-100 years? Scary thought, but for me, a perspective of motivation. Since I am here for this short amount of time, I'm NOT spending it listening to the dictates of other people. In this perspective there are no limitations, no boundaries and no self-hatred. I believe the ultimate test of strength is to be YOU. To say "I'm going to be my complete self and I'm not changing for anyone" is one of the most difficult things to put into action.

So, who are They?

Keep BEING YOU!

Closed Thread