TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Angry GRRRRRRR - August 8th 2013, 10:29 PM

Okay. Not sure if this is in the right section, but after having 2 problems today as it is (mainly being lied to by my now-ex-boyfriend) and my other ex boyfriend talking crap about me. But one of my friends said that my "crush" Liam and his friend James said that I have a bargain bucket. I know this is kinda a sexual problem, but as it was said behind my back, I would say it's bullying. I'm not 100% sure. But I really hate it, because it's making me upset, and I'm really upset. I just hate how they said this, and I have to see them everyday for acting class. I know youse will say "ignore them" and trust me, I'll try. But I need more than that. And I don't fancy telling a staff member about it because I don't want them knowing about it... I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of giving up

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Two Worlds Collide
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: GRRRRRRR - August 9th 2013, 02:48 PM

Hey there,

I don't know what a Bargain bucket is, but if it makes you uncomfortable and it was said behind your back, maybe you should talk to them and ask them not to say things like that about you. It is considered bullying and it hurt your feelings. Since they're your friends you should try to talk to them about what happened and fix the problem. Sometimes guys are going to say inappropriate things and our friends will do us wrong, but we've got to let them know that it was wrong and that we don't want it to happen in the future. If you don't talk to them, they might continue to say things like this behind your back. Just talk to them and ask them if they'd stop saying things like that behind your back, and if they don't listen to you, they're not very good friends unfortunately.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: GRRRRRRR - August 10th 2013, 02:57 AM

Hi Zara,

I guess your situation is bullying, but it sounds more like these guys are kind of teasing/harassing you. And you're right, the best way to deal with this kind of thing is just to ignore them, and yeah it is pretty hard to do. However, since you say that your friends are telling you that those guys are saying that stuff, it might not be true since its all second-hand info. I agree with Lauren that its best to just talk to them. Besides, I know for a fact that guys made a lots of inappropriate, stupid jokes, which aren't meant to be taken to heart. Like the way that guys joke around with each other is very different from the way girls do, so don't take it too seriously. The use of "bargain bucket" here might mean something else since jokes, especially sexual ones always have different, strange meanings. I think it's best to confront "Liam", James, and your friends who are telling you this stuff. If its bothering you too much like at school, you could try telling a teacher, counselor, or any adult that could help you. I hope this was helpful, and really sorry to hear that they're treating you like this.

~Rishy

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

Closed Thread