TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wolfz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Colin

I think I never really coped.. - March 3rd 2014, 07:01 PM

I got bullied for 4 years in primary school.. the teachers never did anything and even were in the same room when classmates started calling me names and hit me..
I can't remember much but the things I still remember, are quite a bad situation (I think) for a girl at age 9 or 10..

There was always this one boy.. he always started with it.. search for a mistake I made and call me names after it or hit me for whatever I did.. others just laughed at me or bullied me together with him.. nobody was there for me. Not even my best and only friend back then.

My best friend was just using me because I had money and her family hadn't had any money.. she used to hit me too.. whatever I said, I got hit everytime I opened my mouth..

When I came home I always was in tears and told my parents (At that age I always told my parents everything what happened).. they tried to help me but nobody listened to neither me nor my parents not even the teachers..

At that age I was always happy but that bullying I had to go through there, let me see the world with other eyes..
After I moved to Austria because my parents divorced and because of the schools here, I got happy to finally have friends and I really had some (I had to redo the last school year of primary school because of the country change)..

The last times I got bullied were about 2 years and one year ago.. about 2 years ago I got called names again but the girl who bullied me moved at the end of the last school year.. and about one year ago, a boy used to leave racist comments on nearly everything what I posted on a social network. He always used to tell me that I am a german and I wouldn't be allowed to be in Austria.. but this time, the teachers actually did something and did something against it before it gets too heavy..

I think one reason why I even start to starve myself, why I even ever started cutting or why I have that low self-esteem is because I never really coped with what I got bullied for..
And even nowadays I still get calls on my mobile phone with people who just want to fool me again..

I have trust issues and nearly never trust anyone anymore because I get fooled a lot nowadays and when I got bullied..
And even nowadays I am afraid of hits and I'd always duck even before they tried to hit me or even touched me..

It also kinda looks like I'll never get out of it.. I feel like I'll always get bullied..

Last edited by Wolfz; March 3rd 2014 at 07:25 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: I think I never really coped.. - March 3rd 2014, 09:29 PM

Julia,
I know this must be hard for you to deal with, and that you do not know how to recover. It takes time, slowly and carefully. All you can do is keep trying, keep trying to move past what happen.
Not everyone is going to hurt you, and you won't always get bullied. I was around your age when the bullying started to stop. As you grow up the bullying will stop. The bullies grow up, and they realise what they are doing wrong. Lots of the time bullying ends in high school.

I think the best thing for you to do is start small. Try to stop cutting for a while, know relapsing is going to happen and its okay. I want you to write things down, and try to over come how you feel about it. Let things out.
I really hope things start to get better for you. It did for me, and I believe it will for you too. It just takes a lot of time.

Closed Thread