TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LeKawaiiness Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy My friends are CONSTANTLY making fun of me. - March 12th 2014, 11:04 AM

I couldn't find a section to put this in, so I just put it in peer pressure. It gets really confusing soo... heh heh

Okay. So, I make friends with everyone. I know a lot of people, and if you were to ask people in my school they'd be like "Yes, I love her" or "She's annoying!" or "She's weird in a good way" or "I don't know her" I'm quite friendly with people, and I love making friends!

To add to that... I am weird. I listen to japanese music and I like My Little Pony and I like cute japanese fashion-but most people don't mind though. But, even though they don't mind, THEY STILL MAKE FUN OF ME ABOUT IT. There is this girl (lets call her A) Okay, A used to be a good friend of mine. No one actually liked her, but being the friendly person I was, I decided to make friends. Then two other girls (B and C) Became friends with her. A B and C, decided to gang up on me and make fun of me all the time saying stuff like "You're such a hypocrite" or "Gosh, you are so ANNOYING." I put up with it, but then I got fed up and I didn't want to be their friend. Afterwards, they told me to change my personality. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW FREAKING PISSED I WAS!? I was then angry at being angry at them, so I said sorry to them in the end. Even though it was not my fault. To THIS DAY they STILL make fun of me.

So I'd thought I'd make new friends. I did, and 2 of them used to go to my primary school, so we got on pretty well. But this one girl, (Y) thought she'd start making fun of me. Y CONSTANTLY makes fun of me, is rude to me and she treats me like dirt. I am so NICE to her, though. Plus, the other girls (X Z) are making fun of me. THEY are always ganging up on me.

To ADD to this, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE thinks they have some sort of right to hurt me and make fun of me. I laugh it off EVERY SINGLE TIME. And you know what pisses me off the most? Whenever I show I'm a bit hurt they say "Jeez, take a joke" I feel like slapping all of their faces.

So. WHAT DO I DO!? A, B, and C are extremely horrible, especially A. Y X Z are just RUDE and they make fun of me and THEY ACT LIKE THEY ARE MY PARENTS. And everyone that knows me is making fun of me. Yet, I still put a smile on my face, act stupid and silly. I'm soo upset about this, and I don't think I deserve it. I want it to change, but I don't know how.
Please help me!
P.S I have told them to stop making fun of me. They say nothing or just say okay. Then they do nothing about. A once said to me "You deserve it, because you are so annoying"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Usernames Suck Offline
Average Joe

Re: My friends are CONSTANTLY making fun of me. - March 12th 2014, 03:33 PM

Maybe it's just because I had a long day, but I find your post a bit confusing with the initials and all that.

You mention that "most people don't mind" that you like the things you like and that most people in your school would react at least somewhat positively to you. Maybe it could be a good idea to make friends instead with the people who are genuinely nice to you. It doesn't sound like any of these people are people you want to hang out with.

Ignore them. Find some new friends. Maybe there are some clubs you can join or something? If they are bullying you, I'd also recommend seeking out an adult you trust if you can.

Sometimes people when they're your age just don't react very well to people they would consider weird (even though there's nothing that weird about listening to japanese music, millions of people do). Just be yourself and find someone who likes you and supports you for you you are, since it sounds like you're in a good position to do that. Also, it may be worth asking yourself if you've done or said something hurtful, annoying, or upsetting to your friends. Even if you don't think so, for example, there may have been something that caused them to be angry. Try to figure out what it is if you can. If it's something they're right about (like if you have a tendency to make hurtful jokes, or if you take over the conversation and make it all about yourself, or any number of things) then change it and try to improve. If not, if it's just them wanting a punching bag, then just be yourself and find better friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: My friends are CONSTANTLY making fun of me. - March 12th 2014, 09:50 PM

Other than what was already suggested, you could talk to your friends, and tell them what exactly bothers you about it, and that if it doesn't stop you'll find new friends. I know a lot of the time friends make fun of each other with the intention not too hurt you. You just have to talk to them, and show them it hurts. Stop being so nice to them if they will not return it.
I hope this helps.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
helppls Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friends are CONSTANTLY making fun of me. - March 14th 2014, 07:01 AM

ok. I can relate to you. My ex-friend used to make fun of me and come across as bossy when we played PE and when i could not do a move. She would also laugh when people were being rude to me. I stopped being friends with her and I still see her laughing at me when I experience something bad. So, you should stop being friends with them, trust me I have been there! Find other people These people like to act sassy with their friends so that they feel better about themselves.

Last edited by helppls; March 14th 2014 at 08:09 AM.

Closed Thread