TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Em. Offline
I don't even like cats
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Friends (or lack of haha) - May 14th 2014, 08:50 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I've been bullied for years, im an easy target, prefect, senior prefect, anti-bullying rep and I don't ever respond.

I've always had close friends, and they all turned to drugs and smoking and I followed them for a while but I realised that I could still be friends yet not become them.

Then one of them decided to make friends with one of my bullies, and told them all about my self harming and now my whole year say horrible things, I can't even look up off the ground because even if they aren't saying anything about me, every whisper feels as if it's aimed at me.

It's turned physical too, people kick my legs and say "do you enjoy the pain attention whore"..

But hey, all my friends have gone and I'm all on my own. The thing that keeps me going is helping others. I feel like a failure, I just wish I could walk somewhere without people holding their noses, laughing, calling me a skank.

Ohhhhhhhhhh well just needed to rant haha

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Friends (or lack of haha) - May 14th 2014, 10:30 PM

Hi Emily!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been bullied for a while. Drugs can influence some bad decisions for those who take them and your friend might have been under the influence while she decided to tell one of your bullies that. Unfortunately, people change as time goes on but not necessarily for the better either. Even if a lot of the student body says things about you, that doesn't mean that every whisper or laugh is directed at you. I know how you feel, though, and I struggled with this when I attended regular school. It sounds like those feelings and thoughts are from a lot of anxiety that you're having.

Some people are misinformed or uneducated about self-harm which leads them to make ignorant remarks like that. They can choose to educate themselves if they would like to but they will never truly understand unless they go through it themselves. You along with others here are mature for your age because of what you have gone through. It has shaped you to the amazing person that you are today! You're beautiful, and if other students in your year can't see that then that's their own fault. They must need some glasses or something! They're probably immature about themselves and if they feel as though they have to put someone down that just shows what little regard they have for everyone else. Try and walk with your head held high, look your bullies right in the eyes and show them how powerful you are.

Is there anyone you can speak to about this? A parent, teacher, or a counselor will do. Helping people is a great quality to have but remember to help yourself, too. You come first, okay?

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread