TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

In 2011 I had to go to a psychiatric hospital and treatment center for a total of about 2 and a half months, I turned 16 while I was gone. - October 24th 2015, 05:33 AM

When I was discharged and finally got to go home, when I went back to school, LITERALLY nobody cared that I was gone, nobody even ASKED why I was gone, it was as if I never left. It really hurt my feelings. It was finally confirmed that nobody would care if I was dead, I could of died, and not one person would of cared. I'm a guy, but I have feelings because I'M a human being!

know you may say there's always someone who cares, but LITERALLY nobody cared, nobody even ASKED me why I was gone, it was as if I never left, nobody said a F***ING THING TO ME AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really could of died and nobody would of cared!

What will be the point of me continuing to stay alive?

And trust me, if anyone was told to NOT bring it up, they WOULD of just to hurt me cause everyone hated me and/or didn't give a fuck about me.

LITERALLY pretty much my whole school life, I was bullied by LITERALLY almost everyone and was one of the most hated/least cared about people, and I do not know why, and may never know why. I DO KNOW, that it will be the happiest day of my life when I can move away, at least until an even happier day happens, which I hope it will.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: In 2011 I had to go to a psychiatric hospital and treatment center for a total of about 2 and a half months, I turned 16 while I was gone. - October 25th 2015, 12:09 PM

I'm really sorry that you have experienced this, it sounds really hard on you! I'm sure that your family and friends do care about you. Being bullied is really tough and I understand how you feel as I was bullied through quite a lot of my school life too. I'm always here if you ever want to talk, just PM or VM

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: In 2011 I had to go to a psychiatric hospital and treatment center for a total of about 2 and a half months, I turned 16 while I was gone. - October 25th 2015, 09:09 PM

Hi there,

I'm so sorry you've had to go through this, it sounds like it's bee a really tough time but I'm glad you've been able to come to us here and reach out for some help. I was in hospital for nearly three years and like you, in "real" life, it seemed to my friends like it didn't matter, like when I came back, they blanked me and had forgotten about me so I can relate to that for sure.

Being "forgotten" about it hard and so is being bullied but look at you; you're getting through it. Yes it may be hard but you're doing it and you're doing it for a reason. You've reached out to us here for a reason. I know the fight is hard when you feel so lost, alone and low but you can get through this and know that you are never alone.

If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll always try my best to help you in any way I can.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: In 2011 I had to go to a psychiatric hospital and treatment center for a total of about 2 and a half months, I turned 16 while I was gone. - October 26th 2015, 10:32 PM

It might not be that no one cared, but rather they didn't know how to approach you or the subject of why you disappeared for over two months. They may have been aware that it was for something mental health related, and people often tread on eggshells over this sort of thing. I don't think you should let it be such a defining moment in your life.

I was off sick for 3 months when I was 13. And then later in the year, when I was 14, I had a bad leg injury and had to complete my work in the school library because I had my leg in plaster and couldn't take the stairs up to class whilst on crutches. Both of these experiences left me feeling totally isolated and, like you, I felt like no one really cared. Everyone was just getting on with their own lives. But that's just it - the world doesn't stop spinning because one person isn't there. People will just carry on. I don't think you should take that to heart.

Also, this was 4 years ago and if it's still hurting you now, you might want to speak to someone about the experience. Are you currently under the care of any mental health professionals?

Be kind to yourself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
kvalen@aol.com Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: In 2011 I had to go to a psychiatric hospital and treatment center for a total of about 2 and a half months, I turned 16 while I was gone. - November 3rd 2015, 12:55 PM

Try and understand that high school is a hard place and every single person there is desperately trying to fit in, even the popular ones. So once you leave, you loose value to them on the social ladder. I was voted "friendliest" in high school, but I can tell you I was very lonely senior year. As soon as I had a boyfriend outside the school, my friends so no "value" to being friends. My daughter is gorgeous and as soon as she left school to homeschool, not one person texted and asked where she was. It is not necessarily an attack on you, it is the world of high school. Once you leave, most of those people will not be in your life again. College is very different, as is the "real" world. People are less hung up on peer groups and have found themselves. They are more accepting of differences. The truth is, you only need 1 or 2 good friends in your life, and you may not find them until later. Hollywood and doctors offices are filled with people who were isolated and picked on as teens because they were "different" in some way. Similiarly, rehab facilities are filled with popular athletes and early successes. So don't get hung up on this temporary world. Because it is not based on reality, it is short-term. Everyone there is still transforming into something better or worse. I know this is hard to see now, but realize that it is no more than 1/10th of your whole life, at best. Hope this puts perspective on it. Good luck.

Closed Thread