TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
GREAT BIG HUG
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Craig

Being Willfully Inconsiderate is a form of Bullying! - March 20th 2017, 04:50 AM

Hello!

I hope you're having a groovy day!

Being willfully inconsiderate of someone is a form of bullying.

Years ago I had a very close friend named Holly. She struggled with her weight. She was always on one diet or another. Everyone who was close to her knew this - especially her family. But what did her mom always give Holly for her birthday? Home-baked 'treats'. Cookies and cakes. Over and over again - for YEARS - Holly asked her mom - BEGGED HER MOM - NOT to give her FOOD for 'presents'. But her mom never listened. Now some might argue, "Well.. that's her mom. She's just trying to do something 'nice'!" But MEANNESS isn't NICE! Unless her mom was mentally ill - suffering perhaps from dementia - then 'mom' is being willfully inconsiderate. MOM is a BULLY.

When we love someone - we are SUPPOSED to take THEIR thoughts and feelings into consideration. We do not DO or SAY something to them that they have told us over and over again HURTS them. We do NOT bully someone we love. [We should never bully ANYONE!] And we do not demand that they 'thank' us for being so inconsiderate. "Thank you once again for not giving a damn about ME"! NO ONE has a right to be a bully. And that includes dear old mom.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!

Be sure to LIKE my LOVE THE BULLY Facebook Page

I am a 53 year old guy living in Victoria B.C. CANADA - I joined TH on January 11th, 2003

I have been a TeenHelp Member for more than 14 YEARS!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cassado Offline
I was normal three cats ago.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Being Willfully Inconsiderate is a form of Bullying! - March 20th 2017, 12:59 PM

I agree that it is important to take people's thoughts and feelings into consideration. That is a nice thing to do to anyone important to you. Thank you for sharing this.

Articles Officer|Resource Editor|Senior Newsletter Editor| Forum & Community Moderator

1941 - 2016
Those we love don't go away
They walk beside us
every day
unseen, unheard,
but always near
still loved, still missed,
and very dear.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

I can't get enough

Name: Holly

Re: Being Willfully Inconsiderate is a form of Bullying! - March 21st 2017, 05:12 PM

Thank you for sharing this! I too agree that we should always listen and take other people's opinions into consideration, no matter the relation or how much we may want the opposite for them. To not respect how others feel is definitely an insult to them.

HelpLINK Mentor ~HelpLINK Moderator~Forum Moderator ~Live Help access
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3