TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
8024Valerie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

V - April 30th 2017, 06:21 PM

Hi, I'm not sure if this counts as bullying, but this situation really makes me feel really uncomfortable...
I study in Hong Kong, where kids and parents have really high expectations on school stuff. Anyway, in HK , there are 2 MOIs for primary schools (6-12 year olds) , English and Chinese, and the same for Secondary schools (12-18).

I'm in S.1 (I'm 12) and I come from an English primary school, and it's almost the end of my first year of (an English) Secondary School. My grades in Primary are pretty bad (B's and C's), but because the majority of people in my Sec school cone from Chinese primary schools, it's hard for them to adapt to English MOI. Therefore, I get good grades.

There are four exams each year. I just had my third, and I got first place overall in 127 students. Every single time after results come out, people start ignoring me for at least a week, unaware that they're hurling pretty hurtful comments at me (the worst being when me trying to comfort a classmate crying BC of bad grades: Go away, you got full marks,you're making her cry even harder. Just go.) It's mostly the same few girls every time.

Besides that, they call me proud and boastful, as I am really active in class and like to answer questions BECAUSE NO ELSE IS DOING SO. Gods of Olympus. I also can't fit in, as you can see I just referenced pjo- while my classmates like famous pop stars and singers and stuff. The whole class would laugh about something I don't get. It's really frustrating.

Luckily, my parents and teachers understand and care, but not good help at actually solving the problems. This is just a small majority of all my damn problems.

Do I need help, or what my classmates think, am I just a useless girl who only knows how to study who doesn't have any damn problems or stress???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: V - May 1st 2017, 02:27 PM

Knowing how to study doesn't mean you're not going through anything. No one is immune to issues.

These girls are likely jealous of your grades and they also may be experiencing things of their own; they could put you down to make themselves feel better. That in no way excuses how they're talking to you.

You said your parents and teachers care but they can't help solve things. I assume you've told them about what you're going through? Is there anyone else you can talk to, like a counselor or a school staff member who is 'higher' than your teacher is? Perhaps someone else could help you cope with this.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: V - May 4th 2017, 08:33 AM

Hello You are not useless... but I do think that some of the people around you have motives that are questionable at best.

Hate is a powerful force, and I'm betting that those girls are pretty jealous of your grades.. and also your personality. I doubt that those girls are the type of people who would comfort someone who's feeling down... so you should just ignore them. Try to perhaps show interest in some pop stars or stuff because that might help ya relax and focus. A short break and some relaxation will help you integrate as well as have some fun in class.

But you've got everything else right because you care about other people and what truly shows who you are is your personality . You also have the heart to care about others, which is something that those people who made fun of you can't say for themselves.

If you wanna rant to me, I'm around . Until then, continue being the awesome person that you already are!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread