TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucie

I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - April 15th 2020, 03:01 PM

I'm not like most girls my age. I stumbled upon a preschool show while babysitting my little cousin and now I'm hooked on it! Whenever I see a piece of merchandise from the show, I HAVE to buy it, I also fangirl over the characters in the show and I follow the cast and crew on social media. Most of my friends watch Riverdale and stuff like that, but if they find out, I'm afraid they may not want to be friends with me anymore!!! S.O.S.!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - April 16th 2020, 06:19 PM

Hey there (and welcome to TeenHelp!)

There's nothing wrong with liking, even loving, shows or other things that aren't aimed at your age. However, I do understand that not everyone may be as understanding of your love for the show. You don't have to tell your friends if you don't want to and you don't need to explain anything to them if they do find out either. Ideally, friends should be understanding and accepting and not mind that you have different interests. But if they do find out then they shouldn't just stop being friends with you over it. They may have different reactions, if they find out, but they should still be friends with you. If they do stop being friends with you over this then you might want to try to find other friends, perhaps those who are more accepting. You should never feel like you have to change for other people. Just be you

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - April 19th 2020, 06:18 PM

To be honest, I don't think it should matter what you like. You like what you like and that's it. Just because it was aimed at children younger than yourself doesn't mean you should be ashamed about it or worry whether your friends will dislike you for it.

If they care that much about it, then they likely aren't that good of friends to begin with.

Adults watch children's cartoons all the time. Some of them are actually pretty good. Just keep being you.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - April 23rd 2020, 11:43 PM

Hey I’m nearly 30 and I nearly always watch kids cartoons and shows it’s like really easy watching and some of them are relaxing I love In the night garden it’s aimed at pre-schoolers but I love it it’s relaxing. Your not doing any harm watching it so don’t worry

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - April 24th 2020, 02:27 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying kiddie shows, very few of them take a lot of emotional and mental energy to watch; unlike shows with a Y-7 or higher rating. Don't worry about what your friends might be saying about you or the shows you watch; it's your life, not theirs.

HelpLINK MentorCommunity Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Average Joe

Name: Mallika

Re: I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - April 25th 2020, 08:36 AM

Hi there!

Everyone is unique and has their own interests! Let me share something cool with you - my mom (who's in her forties) is mad about this YouTube channel dedicated to a pet dog. She follows every update about the dog, knows all the family members who own the dog, and fangirls all about it to me and my sister. You're just 13, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a baby show! In fact, I personally find it very pure that you are into something so innocent compared to the things adolescents are hooked onto these days. Trust me, many kids end up watching shows are vulgar and inappropriate which corrode their innocence way too early, so you're good.

Also, if it makes you feel better - I'm 22 and not the slightest bit interested in any of the stuff my friends grew up watching (or watch even today). I have never watched Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Star Wars, Game of Thrones... you get the picture. In fact, I don't even watch Netflix. I seldom watch movies (except Disney!). So what do I actually watch? Cooking and cake decoration videos on YouTube, interesting documentaries, and the occasional Korean drama. I do other things, like reading and writing.

So we are all different - don't worry about fitting in! At the end of the day, I like to think that we're all children at heart, so there's nothing wrong in letting that shine through. Life's too short to try to be like others. Be yourself, and don't be ashamed

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - May 19th 2020, 01:37 PM

Middle school and early high school can be difficult with that. But as you get older, no one cares anymore. Life is stressful. Sometimes we need stories that are laid back and/or silly for a change. Something easy to follow. Many good kids' shows and movies are actually written for older audiences to enjoy as well because older siblings, parents, and babysitters often watch these with young kids. If something makes you happy and is safe, there's no harm or shame in it.

I'm 24. By time I got to college, suddenly friends would meet up and watch Disney/Pixar movies. My university often played "family" movies in the campus movie theater for college students. I'm currently rewatching Avatar the Last Airbender. Got into it at like 20yo. I love it, and Netflix says it's TV-Y7.

I primarily read YA literature again too. So I'm rereading the books I liked when I was your age. I find them more interesting than adult books and usually prefer an easy read (for me at 24) at the end of a long day. Nothing wrong with it.

Age really doesn't matter except for shows/movies rated for well above your age.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Re: I'm 13 and I like a baby show! - June 13th 2020, 06:50 AM

When I was your age I used to enjoy kids programme and even now at the age of 22 I still watch kids programme sometimes not because of working in a nursery but because it doesn't require much mental thinking and with the world we live in it's nice having something simple, easy and enjoyable to watch.

If your friends say anything about it then they aren't your true friends. True friends wouldn't care what you watch as friendship isn't based around TV.

"Never forget what you are,the rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.