TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

People are so mean.... - February 24th 2009, 08:56 PM

At school, they tell me such mean things...
Today they told me I was extremely fat and that I was a bitch. Then everyone that used to be friends with me were talking about me behind my back and now they all hate me.. I did nothing.

I don't understand. I try so hard to make people like me.
But all they do is talk about me and laugh in my face.

They make me want to come home and kill myself.
I'm sick of being the random person in the corner with no one to talk to until someone decides to give me a hard time. They're so mean to me, even when it's not intentional. I know I shouldn't let people hurt me so much. But they really do. Especially when it's the people I used to trust.

I just don't know what to do anyone.
I can't go to school anymore... everyday I come home feeling like shit.
Can't take it anymore.. really, I can't.

Talking to teachers/principal has never helped. They still laugh at me and treat me like shit no matter who I tell. I can't get through the rest of the year there. Really, I can't.

"What does it look like, stupid idiot?"
"Jeez, why are YOU eating? As if you need too!"
Ugh.. it just really hurts. It really does.

I wish I could kill myself...

I'm fat.
Ugly.
Worthless.
Emo.
A bitch.
And I can't take it anymore.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: People are so mean.... - February 24th 2009, 09:02 PM

that really sucks Amanda, i feel your pain. i always tried to drown it out but often that never really worked all that well for me but it might work for you.

my advice would be to try to switch schools.

You're amazing just the way you are

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: People are so mean.... - February 24th 2009, 10:14 PM

*Hugs* Hey Amanda, I'm so sorry that people are being like that to you. They're being immature and saying extremely hurtful things.

If your friends are unintentionally being mean, you need to talk to them and tell them how much it is hurting you. If they care at all about you, they'll stop, and if not, then they aren't even worth your thoughts. All of these people are so far below you. I know it's hard to just block it all out, I know I can't do it very well myself, but you need to realize that what they are saying isn't true and just ignore it.

I'm always here if you need to talk to me about anything, K?

Stay strong

~Cody

Normal User

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: People are so mean.... - February 24th 2009, 10:14 PM

Hi Amanda.

I had the same problems when I was at school. For sometime, I had a lot of friends, then all of a sudden they started bullying me, calling me names, telling me to kill myself.

Excuse the language, but fuck them. They are not worth it. Why get upset over some stupid idiots who have no self esteem that they have to pick on you.

I would switch schools, & never mention those who were nasty to you every again.

Thats what I did, & things got better.

You dont need people to put you dont, you dont deserve it.

DO NOT KILL YOURSELF. Do not let those bitches win.

Take care
Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
love2laugh Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: People are so mean.... - February 24th 2009, 10:29 PM

this took me a long time to learn, but once i did, it's made my life so much better, There will always be people like that, but they don't deserve your time or attention. I know it's hard to think like that, but it's true. They are insecure about themselves, and honestly you don't need to pay attention to them. You are so much better then that. Get involved with something that intrests you where you can meet real friends. Art, theatre, music, anything like that.

Drop me a PM anytime, about anything!
I would love to talk to you!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: People are so mean.... - February 24th 2009, 11:30 PM

Thanks, to all of you
I really do want to switch schools... I'm going to talk to my mom about that...
And I just... I try not to let it get to me, I really do. But the one girl whose been so mean was my best friend not even two months ago.. and it really really kills me when she treats me like shit. I try to walk away and not be hurt, but its so hard when what hurts you comes from someone you thought you could trust, who you were best friends with for a little over a year and a half. It hurts.. like heck. =/

I tried to convince myself that it was my imagination that she hated me now... but even my mom noticed yesterday. I know life's not fair, and that I'm whining, but I listened to all the shit she had to complain about... and she just ditched me like this.

She lied to me about being raped.
About having cancer.
About being mentally/physically abused.
She told me she was going to kill herself because we got in a fight and she said that it was all my fault, and then signed off the computer/IM and wouldn't answer her phone or anything. She had me crying for two whole nights before she showed up at school the next day. And you know, I just want to hurt her so badly now... just tell the friends she turned against me all about what she did to me.... now I have no one and she's like the beloved angel around the people I used to think I could trust.

She nudges into me and shoves me, and glares at me, and today she told me I was an idiot...

She told me she couldn't do anything including come over to my house or go to the mall.. but she does those things with her new best friend.

It just breaks me down even more...

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Last edited by MadPoet; February 24th 2009 at 11:36 PM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: People are so mean.... - February 24th 2009, 11:45 PM

Ugh. I haven't been bullied in years but when I hear someone getting bullied in my classes and in the halls, my heart really goes out to them because I've been there.

I make a special effort to resolve some of the bullying issues in my classes just for you. I wish I was where you were so I could help you resolve those :-/

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Qwazi Offline
Formely Known as 747
Average Joe

Name: Adam

Re: People are so mean.... - February 25th 2009, 02:18 AM

Amanduh,

If this girl who was your best friend is doing this now, then shes not worth your concern. If she can change her attitude so quickly, then it shows her true qualities. I too have trusted someone who has screwed me, badly, but then trust is something that needs to be earned.

If she is being a bitch to you, then it is her loss of a really good friend. She knows she can get to you, its time to toughen the barriers and be ready to retort. Dont take the shit.

Formerly Known as 747

(#9 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: People are so mean.... - February 25th 2009, 03:20 AM

Hey Amanda.

I'm going to repeat what the others have said - people who act this way towards you, people who don't make you feel good about yourself, they aren't worth it. They aren't worth your time if they upset you. I know that doesn't make it hurt any less when they say mean things but, you can't let them have this kind of control over you. If you kill yourself because of them, well, what is that going to accomplish? You'll lose the chance to live because you let them have power over you. You'll lose out on every hope and dream you've ever had because of them. Are you going to let them have power over you like that, Amanda? Are you going to let them drive you towards doing something that'll just mean they win in the end?

Don't let them walk over you. Try to stand up for yourself next time someone says something to you or, try laughing it off. Showing them you aren't affected by their words can get them to stop. Sooner or later they'll get tired of not getting a reaction from you so they'll stop.

It might be tempting to get back at that girl for lying to you. But honestly, if you started telling your friends about her lies, wouldn't that make you the same as her? Getting even might feel good but it means stooping down to her level. However, that doesn't mean you should let her get away with lying to you, especially about something as big as rape or abuse. Have you thought about telling her parents, what she said to you?

You're strong Amanda - I know you can get through this. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to talk about. Take care.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: People are so mean.... - February 25th 2009, 03:36 AM

I used to have the same problem in school. You know what. I think those people were stupid they were what lead me to be who I am today. Give or take my trust is different but I learned if people are going to talk crap about you then they aren't really anybody in the first place.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Paul C
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Paul

Smile Re: People are so mean.... - February 26th 2009, 04:59 AM

Hi Amanda,

When I was between 9 and 14 years old I was really fat. I'm a Mexican American born here in America. When I was younger I was really dark because I was in the sun all the time but I am much lighter now.

I've heard it all.

"go back to Mexico" [people in the background would laugh]

"hey black fat! come here so we can kick the shit out of you."

"spick"

"Damn! That dude is fat!"

I won't go on simply because it's making me angry at this moment. However, I will tell you right now that those people that have the heartless words are really NOT worth even paying attention too.

I am a 30 year old male now. I promise you that the bullying does cool off eventually but never stops completly. It's always going to be there. The difference is that you will be stronger every day that goes by. Those bullies will become what they really are--low life crap living in run down trailer courts.

YOU will be much better off. I'm glad you shared your stress, that's how you conquer it all. Keep sharing your anxieties with others. As you can see, there are many that are on your side. You now have more friends than that girl who is calling you names. Forget her.

Now, take your anger and use it to motivate you to go to college. I did too. Take your sorrow and use it to get you to accomplish your dreams.

Life gets much better. Remember this phrase:

"God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference."

Paul & Julie
{edited out}

Paul C

Last edited by ForeverAutumn*; February 26th 2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Website edited out.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: People are so mean.... - March 2nd 2009, 11:06 PM

I suggest switching schools, but if this is not an option, just try to ignore them I suppose. I mean, I myself hate school. I just go in everyday and sleep through my classes, only do enough to get my homework, then go off with other friends on weekends and after school sometimes. I seriously almost go to school in my pajamas sometimes, because who gives a shit about what these stupid pricks think of you? Obviously, they're not people you need to concern yourself with if they're that horrible to you.

Closed Thread