TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BubblyBabyBlue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Storm

Question Freshman?????? - May 8th 2012, 09:45 PM

So I found out what high school I got accepted too and I am HYPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet new people and make new friends but the problem is I'm a little nervous about high school since I'm gonna be a freshman. I couldn't go to any open houses so I'm not sure how the inside of the school looks. I really don't want to look like an idiot. What am I suppose t do????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Freshman?????? - May 9th 2012, 03:43 PM

All freshmen look like idiots for about the first two weeks of school. Everyone will be about as lost as you and also anxious to meet new people. Congrats on the new school. I hope it goes well for you.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Freshman?????? - May 9th 2012, 06:36 PM

I went to my high school a week before it started, and I still got lost every day for like.. a week or two. Lol, it's just all in the process of being a freshman, like stated above. Some high schools do an orientation thing for new freshman, so they get an idea. If not, feel free to ask teachers where things are.. I wouldn't necessarily ask any upperclassman, but some will be very helpful.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Freshman?????? - May 9th 2012, 09:11 PM

In high-school or university, every freshman looks like a confused idiot because they're trying to figure out where everything is, what the social code is, which groups are the cool ones, etc... . My high-school wasn't too large, so it took me under a week, whereas my university was enormous and it took me roughly 2 weeks, so it depends on the size of your high-school.

Teachers normally are very friendly about telling you where to go, so they would be your best bet. Juniors would also be a very good bet as they can relate to your confusion and there's not as much social awkwardness for a junior to help a freshman compared to a senior helping a freshman. Seniors may ignore you, refer to landmarks you don't know or on the rare occasion, give detailed directions.

Asking other freshman for directions would be very useful in terms of bonding and making friends, but useless in quickly locating the room.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BubblyBabyBlue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Storm

Re: Freshman?????? - May 9th 2012, 11:00 PM

Thanx everyone

Closed Thread