TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

As-level choices - July 24th 2012, 08:45 PM

This is another one of those 'what should I take at A-level' threads.

I am extremely stuck. I don't know what on Earth I want to do with my life and so I don't really know what A-levels to take. I am good at and enjoy a lot of subjects ...which is making it even harder to choose.

I was originally going to take maths, bio, chem and psychology - thinking of going into medicine but I'm still not struck on the idea. I don't think I'd make a good doctor and it's pretty hard to get into med school. I don't feel like I want to put all the effort in and then not even get a place - you know?

I've always been pretty interested in business and I can see myself doing that as a career...
So, A-levels...Business, Economics, Maths and Psychology. Would psychology fit in with them?

Ack. I get GCSE results next month and I need to have a decision by induction day.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: As-level choices - July 25th 2012, 12:39 AM

If you're thinking of doing Chemistry, you'll need chemistry. Not so much biology but chemistry definitely.

For business, you don't need business. You're better off taking economics and maths.

So just in case you're still thinking of doing medicine: Chemistry, Maths, Economics and Psychology sounds alright. You could even get rid of economics and swap it with biology or something.

Psychology is fine. It's not a necessity for any course I know of. You could even take 5 AS levels if you're that unsure. Or if it's so bad, do the IB. You don't need to know what you want to do right now. If you wanted, you could go into law with the set of A levels you've chosen!

Best of luck.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: As-level choices - July 25th 2012, 07:26 AM

Choose something you love doing, and get paid for it. Simple. Interested in more than one career? That is completely normal, and you have plenty of time to study multiple areas and receive multiple degrees, you are only limited by your determination.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
girl_pants Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lucy

Re: As-level choices - July 25th 2012, 06:56 PM

For AS, it needs to be something you enjoy really. I think psychology is a good subject to take because it leads just about anywhere and I would not think about your future too much because yes it is important but minds change and you may find you enjoy business and want to go into that rather than medicine.
Honestly, speaking from experiance do not take the IB, its not worth it if you're planning on going to University in the UK and its not widely known and honoured.
Just go with what you will enjoy

Closed Thread