TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Class Choices - August 2nd 2012, 02:51 AM

Hey guys,

So I got my schedule today, and I kind of don't know what to do, I got stuck with Economics and Recent world History opposite semesters, and I'm no sure I can handle Economics, plus 2 Honors classes, Chem, Spanish 2, and everything else I have, but I don't really want to drop it either, I think it would be a great chance to meet some other people, smart people who aren't in my grade, and learn something.

What do you guys think I should do? Play it out I mean I'm really only worried about economics and it's the first semester, but I'm just nervous I'll do badly and it'll affect my GPA. Blarg. Idk what to do

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Peach_Out:. Offline
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Name: Dominick Joseph

Re: Class Choices - August 2nd 2012, 03:27 AM

we when i get to MS/HS im taking all the art and music classes i can but you should go with your heart

" Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Class Choices - August 2nd 2012, 03:49 PM

Find out when the drop date for courses are. Most schools have a date that students can drop classes by. You could always try it out, if it is to hard, just drop it within the first few weeks

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Class Choices - August 2nd 2012, 05:50 PM

I think you should try it out.
If you find it is to much to handle usually high schools will let you drop a class during the first half of the first quarter or later if you have good reasons and the class is not mandatory.
It may be challenging with all of your other classes but do not hesitate to ask the teacher and other classmates for help if you do not understand something you are learning.
Also, Economics is a great class; I took it in the first half of my senior year. It will probably be a lot of work though and if you can't manage it this year maybe you can try for it again next year.
Good luck!

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Class Choices - August 2nd 2012, 07:13 PM

I think you should try it before you make the decision. I needed econ, and I was afraid I was going to HATE it (especially when I sat down and the teacher gave me the death stare), but I ended up somewhat enjoying it. If you hate it or think it will be too much once you know what's involved you should have a chance to drop it. You can also talk to your guidance counselor or the teacher for advice.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Class Choices - August 2nd 2012, 08:07 PM

Thanks guys I really appreciate it! I think I'm going to go ahead and try it out, my school does allow us to switch out classes, only it gets more strict as the days get added on, but if I do switch it'll be a study hall, so it shouldn't be that hard.

I hope I don't have to switch it. And this can be closed now O.o

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Class Choices - August 4th 2012, 12:43 AM

I think you should try it out. If you can handle all the other honors classes, I'm sure economics won't be a huge drain on you. Perhaps you could establish a study group with some of your classmates during the first couple weeks of school to try to prevent any struggles you might have from messing up your grade. You'll be able to get help and give help where you can. Remember that you can also ask your teacher for help if it gets too tough. At the end of the day, I think you should be just fine, especially if you use the resources that will be available to you.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#8 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Class Choices - August 9th 2012, 11:37 PM

I have closed this thread per the OP's request, as she has reached a decision on how to handle this issue. =)

Closed Thread