TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alucard Offline
Maturity is Relative
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kimmie

Exhausted - June 10th 2013, 03:27 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm exhausted of studying every day. As much as I want a break, I've gotten to the point where I can't relax if I'm not studying. The most sleep I've gotten this past month is 4-5 hours a night because I lose track of time. I've fallen asleep at my desk once and was woken up by my sister telling me to go to bed. Trying to juggle studying, classes, internships and a part time job is starting to take its toll on me and it's going to last until the last week of July. There's been a couple times where I've felt like vomiting or cutting from the stress. I try and take as many breaks as I can, but even then I get antsy.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Alucard  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Exhausted - June 11th 2013, 12:12 PM

Hey Kimmie,

I'm absolutely the worst person to tell you this advice, since it's being incredibly hypocritical, but I think you need to cut some of the stuff that you are doing and try to find time to take care of yourself. School, internships and work are all incredibly important, but without sleeping and relaxing, you will are just going to get sick and have to take time from these events anyway. Either that, or you will get mentally sick, and have to take time off for depression or something of that sort.

I'd start prioritizing and organizing. Is it possible to take less classes next semester? Can you ask for less hours in your job or internship? Then, plan out when you are going to sleep, and set reminders on your phone. I seriously have to do this, because if not, I will just forget and lose track of time studying. Then, make your study schedule at the beginning of the week. Obviously, make it easy to alter so that it's not just a plan to fail, but plan on two subjects being studied on Monday between 4-9 sometime, or something of that sort. I also find it helpful to get my stuff ready at night before bed, such as my school supplies, my study supplies for the next day, my outfit set out, and my day reminders written on sticky-notes on my phone (example: "Psych-print paper. South campus tours today. TH Social Networking post.").

Then, if that kind of organization/prioritization doesn't help, I'd recommend you see an adviser for school and/or a counselor and talk about what's going on. An adviser can help you schedule your time better for next year and give you proper advice that is relevant to your school, while a counselor can help deal with psychological issues you may be affecting school as well and help you learn to prioritize.

Hope at least something I said helped. Over-achievers, unite.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread