TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimmi

Quitting: Gift Ideas? - June 25th 2013, 11:06 PM

So I've had this job for a little over a year and a half. Through it all I've made some magnificent friends that parting with is going to be devastating. For those people I'm going to write a card but I wanted to give them something too. Not too expensive but something thoughtful that will make them smile.

I'm having everybody sign a bear-sized t-shirt that I can put on a bear and keep for when I leave, but I want to give them something to for everything they've done for me.

Anybody have good ideas for a departing gift?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jack

Re: Quitting: Gift Ideas? - June 25th 2013, 11:14 PM

Hey, Kimmi, well getting all your friends a gift each is both expensive and difficult.

Its best to give them all something that they all can share as one, or remember you by.

I don't have many suggestions when i say that, sorry.

Although, a hug and a well said goodbye and thank-you would be more than enough for your friends and make them smile.

N/A

(#3 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Quitting: Gift Ideas? - June 25th 2013, 11:27 PM

Well a few people are just getting little bags of candy and then I'm making my homemade brownies for the last day. There are only about 3 people that I want to give actual gifts too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Re: Quitting: Gift Ideas? - June 25th 2013, 11:31 PM

Yeah, alright thats perfectly fine.

But you know, if you do give them 3 people gifts, and the others don't get a present it may look awkward, so try and keep it a bit secert. That is others are watching, don't want no one to get jealous, or feel that you don't like them.

Candy is great. A good treat

and the brownies are very good, especially since you cooked them. I bet they'll taste nice PLUS it just shows how much they mean to you.

N/A

(#5 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Quitting: Gift Ideas? - June 25th 2013, 11:36 PM

Oh yeah, I'm definitely keeping it a secret. The last thing I want to do is hurt the people who have done so much for me. I appreciate your input! Thanks for replying! (: If you come up with anything or just want to chat PM/VM me!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Re: Quitting: Gift Ideas? - June 25th 2013, 11:39 PM

Thanks Sorry i couldn't give you any gifts ideas. I'm very clueless on this type of thing

But still wanted to help, I will let you know if i come up with anything or just want a chat. Thank you, Kimmi.

N/A

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Quitting: Gift Ideas? - June 26th 2013, 11:13 AM

If you like these people so much you know this doesn't have to be the end right? You could always just add them on facebook and get their cell numbers and make plans to see each other out of work now that work is no longer a place to see each other.

If you really want to get them something I'd go small, like even something as small/simple as key chains. Or, like I said, you don't have to stop being their friend now that you are leaving the job so you could do something like buying a bunch of movie passes or tickets for an event and planning the details to attend (so let's say that you're like oh yea we're going to the "cinderella" musical on July 21st or something), that way you can do what you want and use it as a segway into keeping in contact

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread