TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NotoriousNikki Offline
Notorious Nikki Massacre
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikki Bartlett.

GED. - August 13th 2013, 07:09 AM

I am trying to get back into GED classes since it's been too long since I last went. But going back and getting my GED then going to college scares me a bit. My future scares me. I already have bad anxiety but hearing everyone yell at me and b*tch me out for not going makes me feel even more anxious and scared.
How do I overcome my fear of my future and what steps can I take to help me through this? :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: GED. - August 13th 2013, 04:40 PM

Hey Nikki, You are not alone in fearing the future. A lot of people are afraid of the unknown and that's okay. What is it about the future that scares you? I'm sorry people have been on your case for not going, I know how annoying it is when people nag you.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: GED. - August 16th 2013, 03:25 PM

Hey there,

I think it's great that you're trying to get your GED, and I agree with Kate, you're not alone in fearing the future. It scares me to, to be honest. It might be hard to get back into the swing of things, but focus on yourself. Don't think about the people who say these awful things and don't support you. You can do whatever you set your mind to. Even if the future is scary, you still have to face it, and you will get through it. It might help to figure out what scares you about the future. It might help if you write out what scares you and make a plan to overcome it.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Accio Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: GED. - August 22nd 2013, 07:27 AM

I got my GED this year after leaving High School. I was very scared to go ahead and get it, but in the end all worked out. If you go to a local public school that offers an Adult Education Program, they should have a GED program. You'll go through classes based on your pretest scores, and if you pass those, you can test for the final ones. If not, you'll go through classes for that part of the test you didn't so good on.

It can be a scary process, but you'll feel on top of the world when it's all said and done.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gwena Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: GED. - September 2nd 2013, 01:45 AM

Good luck with everything!

Closed Thread