TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Nursing - April 12th 2014, 02:43 PM

Is there anyone doing a nursing degree on here? I started training for mental health nursing in September and ive been finding it quite difficult, not the academics or nything like that just the fact that I have to face so many people. And I know that being a nurse you see people all the time, it's your job but it's not even in placement that this happens it's more so at university. I find it really hard to mix in with people, talk to staff and students, or do anything extra-curricular such as student union clubs etc. I know its because of my own mental health issues but I wish I could just get better and sort myself, and blossom into the person im meant to be but it never seems to happen

''No pressure, no diamonds''

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

I'm always here if anyone wants to talk.

x x x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Nursing - April 12th 2014, 10:01 PM

I just finished my nursing degree in the states. Can you pick one or two extracurricular activities and start there? Talking to people is 90% of the job and I get anxious on the phone. I hate it when family members call wanting info about the family. However through practice I am doing much better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Nursing - April 21st 2014, 09:58 AM

oh congratulations

No it feels too much at the moment, im not even at uni right now and it feels overwhelming just thinking about it.. Going back tomorrow after a week off, only a week but sometimes even that seems so long.. I think I have some time off soon so I should pick up something to keep me occupied in my time and something which will benefit me in my studies.. I'll think about it I guess

''No pressure, no diamonds''

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

I'm always here if anyone wants to talk.

x x x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Nursing - April 21st 2014, 06:54 PM

As someone studying in the mental health field who also has mental health issues, I'm going to suggest that you seek professional help for this. I was extremely reluctant at first and now I'm glad I did it. Not only because it will help you learn to cope so that you can do your future job effectively and improve your quality of life, but it will also give you an appreciation for what your clients/patients are going through when they come to see you. It's your choice, of course, but if you're struggling already, it really couldn't hurt.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Nursing - April 22nd 2014, 06:21 PM

We do a generalized nursing degree in the US with the option to specialize down the line or even change departments. My psych clinical instructor recommended everyone seeks professional help sometimes. She sees a counselor four or five times a year to make sure she is okay mentally.

Closed Thread