TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: bayleigh

CHINESE FINAL!??!! - May 11th 2014, 03:10 AM

im freaking out. i have a chinese final on wednesday, and i flunked the midterm. my mother thinks shes being so helpful by telling me that if i just study ill be fine. the only problem is that the exam is IN CHINESE which i cant read. i just cant read the characters so i always do badly on exams. i dont know what to do. on top of that, i have a group project due this week and its no where near done, and i dont have control over it because there are 3 other people involved.

i dont know what to do, i dont know how to study for this so that i do well.

Creativity takes courage
-Henri Matisse

PM/VM me if you just need to talk. trust me, i don't mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: CHINESE FINAL!??!! - May 11th 2014, 08:24 AM

Has your teacher been teaching you how to read the characters?
You have a few options here:
-Talk to your teacher and see if you can get help outside of class
-Make a study group with some kids in your class
-Use your resources

I would first talk to your teacher about where you're at in class and see if they can spend some time with you after class going over the characters. I also recommend talking to some kids in your class who are doing well and see if they can tutor you. As for resources, if there is a textbook for your class then I recommend going through it. You can also search around the Internet for some help, this website looks like it may be helpful: http://www.learnchineseez.com/charac...write-chinese/

Chinese is a difficult language to learn, especially since they don't have a standard alphabet and instead use characters. You should first try and figure out what kinds of words will be on your final (as in categories that you have gone over through the course) and then try and make yourself a dictionary of common words. Once you are able to identify commonly spoken words, you should have an easier time figuring out what the questions on the test are asking.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread